So that 7.88.....

He blew an engine to kingdom come on the dyno not too much prior to UCC 18 didn't he? It's just unreal what they've accomplished all the while others are also trying their absolute best to dethrone them. Just amazed no one has built a better widget yet. Amazing!

The pass looked great in person... Also the truck looks like it sits even lower than it did last year, it may be an optical illusion. But no matter the case the truck and team are strong and very fast!!!

4500lbs according to lyn’s last post on Facebook.... pretty interesting comments as well lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4500 lb race truck winning the sled pull, 8000 lb sled truck running 7.88. What can't the Hobbits do besides reach the top shelf lmao

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

He blew an engine to kingdom come on the dyno not too much prior to UCC 18 didn't he? It's just unreal what they've accomplished all the while others are also trying their absolute best to dethrone them. Just amazed no one has built a better widget yet. Amazing!

Yes they did. Found the next weak link on a deckplate motor, turns out you need to deckplate the bottom end too :hehe:

But in all seriousness, I think it broke right above the main bearings and sent the top half into orbit.

How does his setup run so strong time and time again when so many others are constantly battling gremlins? He’s got it dialed in for sure!

I think they put in more time and effort than anyone. Those Firepunks generally aren't the type to show up with untested setups or power combos that are on the ragged edge of holding together

I was thinking this the other day. Seems they're doing everything right!

See above post.

Also the truck looks like it sits even lower than it did last year, it may be an optical illusion.

Maybe you are getting taller?

I got a major laugh from the D&J guys putting their banner over top the II banners. All in good fun but still hilarious.

Thank you guys for the kind words! Certainly looking back and thinking about the reality of a 4500lb 4x4 Diesel truck running a 7.88@181mph is amazing. Looking at the Data, we see we bottomed out the shocks during lockup which unloaded the chassis enough to shake the tires and push us out of the groove. We revalved the shocks this winter so we still have some work to do to get our 1.24-1.26 60' back which is what we need to click off our 5.0 1/8th mile times. So regardless of how fast it goes, it seems like there is always a little more we can find to improve!

But most of all, this wouldn't be possible without the group of guys at the shop that put in 4-5 weeks of 16-18hr days between the time we got the new engine back (after the dyno explosion) and Rudy's season opener the week before UCC. Getting the shop work done and getting our truck done along with building a customer owned Pro Mod truck is not for the faint of heart! We look forward to the racing season and hope to get it settled in to the 5.0 Index we are limited to by our chassis cert. Hopefully we'll see some of you in Tulsa this weekend!

Lavon

Last edited:
Thank you guys for the kind words! Certainly looking back and thinking about the reality of a 4500lb 4x4 Diesel truck running a 7.88@181mph is amazing. Looking at the Data, we see we bottomed out the shocks during lockup which unloaded the chassis enough to shake the tires and push us out of the groove. We revalved the shocks this winter so we still have some work to do to get our 1.24-1.26 60' back which is what we need to click off our 5.0 1/8th mile times. So regardless of how fast it goes, it seems like there is always a little more we can find to improve!

But most of all, this wouldn't be possible without the group of guys at the shop that put in 4-5 weeks of 16-18hr days between the time we got the new engine back (after the dyno explosion) and Rudy's season opener the week before UCC. Getting the shop work done and getting our truck done along with building a customer owned Pro Mod truck is not for the faint of heart! We look forward to the racing season and hope to get it settled in to the 5.0 Index we are limited to by our chassis cert. Hopefully we'll see some of you in Tulsa this weekend!

Lavon

Embracing the dirt slinging action it seams based on that updated avatar.....

Here's a question, with running the 7.88 at elevation, what do you think you could clock off say if an event like Bradenton were held today?

Embracing the dirt slinging action it seams based on that updated avatar.....

Here's a question, with running the 7.88 at elevation, what do you think you could clock off say if an event like Bradenton were held today?

I embrace the dirt slinging action because of all the work involved in making a capable race truck a capable sled truck with a chassis that works well.

We have been 5.002@145mph, 5.07 and 5.09 at Piemont (837ft elevation) and Lucas Oil is at 856ft elevation. So our 60' time has a lot more to do with our ET then the altitude. Putting it altogether in a good run i see high 60s as a possibility. But until that happens, 88s as fast as it goes :).

This was my first UCC and I for what its worth from a newbie....The Firepunk team really seem like an absolute class act and my god that thing is fast!

I spent a good amount of time watching them prep for the dyno and bought a shirt to help support....It is really nice to see someone at the top of their game still be so humble and grounded.

I walked a lot of miles between Firepunk and PDD watching them wrench and it was amazing.

Congratulations on the three peat and best of luck in future events :Cheer:

I embrace the dirt slinging action because of all the work involved in making a capable race truck a capable sled truck with a chassis that works well.

We have been 5.002@145mph, 5.07 and 5.09 at Piemont (837ft elevation) and Lucas Oil is at 856ft elevation. So our 60' time has a lot more to do with our ET then the altitude. Putting it altogether in a good run i see high 60s as a possibility. But until that happens, 88s as fast as it goes :).

I’d truly be shocked if y’all ran a 5.09 in a true elevation such as the track at Salt Lake City or Bandimere, assuming similar track prep

We look forward to the racing season and hope to get it settled in to the 5.0 Index we are limited to by our chassis cert.

Lavon

Any word from the Powers That Be concerning a new Spec, or are with stuck with ProIndex for the time being?

Will a 4.99 be a breakout loss this year?

Back