2016 3.0 turbo rule changes

Wiltse

Anyone hear what or if any itpa ntpa or Ppl 3.0 proposed turbo rule changes for 2016?
I've been hearing talk of smooth bore 3.4 , 3.6 or 4.1 ???

Pretty what what has been said is 3.0 will become smooth bore 4.1, 2.6 will turn into 3.0 smooth bore.

I know smooth bore has been discussed but I haven't heard it from anyone of any importance saying it. Like Mear's or anyone but its been a few months since we spoke.

If they do go to a smooth bore then the current 3.0 chargers should only need a wheel and cover change to run

Last edited:
I need to become a turbo salesmen leave the rules alone why do the diesel guys want to change things up all the time I don't get it.

Bar tires, fiberglass body, billet blocks.
This I do not like for national circuit like ppl and NTPA. I don't see a problem with it on the local sanctioning bodies. However the local just follow the big leagues anyways so the national circuits would have to leap first.

Pretty what what has been said is 3.0 will become smooth bore 4.1, 2.6 will turn into 3.0 smooth bore.

This needs to happen would save the entire class.

For 3.0 is there an problem with the turbo rules or do you just want to make more power?

Smooth bore was a good idea 5yrs ago, far too many have spent a great deal of time and money on protrusion turbochargers to just call it quits now.

I need to become a turbo salesmen leave the rules alone why do the diesel guys want to change things up all the time I don't get it.

With a simple revision to the current rule about the MWE location this issue would be resolved, no need for the majority of the class to purchase new turbochargers.

Bar tires, fiberglass body, billet blocks.

Thats just plain stupid in my opinion. If it wasnt for our local class bringing 4 of our 3x3.6 non deck plated trucks to t.s. this year they would have only had 17 3.0 trucks. Pretty sure that's the lowest in awhile. And two of them were in top 10. PPL is still having decent numbers at their pulls but only 7 trucks making every pull for points. If they do change anything this year were all done fooling with ppl. We'll do our own thing not that it'll really matter anyways.

I agree, these rules are dumb and will kill the class. There is a class for these guys called SUPER STOCK.

I wouldn't mind seeing bar tires. IMO it would save money. Set of good pullers will last several seasons.

I agree, these rules are dumb and will kill the class. There is a class for these guys called SUPER STOCK.

Took the words right off my tounge. My opinion is 3.0 has already gone too far to be a healthy class. But that's my opinion too. I still like running with the big trucks on a 300ft track because we can still sneak up on them every now and then but this 360 crap been happening here lately has me not wanting to fool with it anyway either.

Back