Service 4wd light came on

cerickson

fullpull108
On vacation in Florida. Raining of course. Driving the wife's 06. Drove thru a puddle of water. Now the service 4wd light is on the dash. Did it just get some water up on it causing this? It's still in 2wd. Could I just unhook batteries to get it to clear it out? It's not throwing any codes. Searched on here all posts were old ones or of guys having the light on after replacing transfer cases.
Any and all help greatly appreciated.

I'd pull the connector from the 4wd shift motor on the transfer case and clean it out with some electrical cleaner.

On vacation in Florida. Raining of course. Driving the wife's 06. Drove thru a puddle of water. Now the service 4wd light is on the dash. Did it just get some water up on it causing this? It's still in 2wd. Could I just unhook batteries to get it to clear it out? It's not throwing any codes. Searched on here all posts were old ones or of guys having the light on after replacing transfer cases.
Any and all help greatly appreciated.

As far as I know, that light stems from ABS sensor issues, but good luck with troubleshooting since it doesn't log a code. The service 4wd light in my service truck has been coming on since the dealership grease monkey children replaced a front axle seal. Without a logged code in the ecm, they won't even look into the problem. If milennials can't fix something by staring at a screen, it's not getting fixed. I just deal with the light.

Forgot it might be the front abs. Sitting waiting on the the wife to get done shopping. Light just went off. Will have to see if it rears it little head again.

Forgot it might be the front abs. Sitting waiting on the the wife to get done shopping. Light just went off. Will have to see if it rears it little head again.

A guy had an '01 dodge at one point that would do that every time he feed hay in the mud. Something about moisture getting into the sensors I was told. Never saw the issue in person though.

Manual 4wd FTW.

the Water in fuel light in my truck comes on every time i go to a brushless car wash that sprays the undercarriage.....

I had an intermittent Service 4wd light that would come on, mine ended up being a poor connection at the t case selector. Cleaned it, added dielectric, and reinstalled. Haven't had another issue yet.

Back