03-04 Injectors smoke vs. power

smokingoat04

Not real sure
I am looking into getting a new set of injectors. I want something that is in the 150% over range, unless smaller will suffice. I am looking to be in the 950 range on fuel. I will be running HP tuning from Firepunk. Here is the tricky part, I want the cleanest power I can since I will be running a big single. I'm not against turning tuning down on the street to help control it, and know they all will be smoky with a single. Currently I'm running ddp injectors and it's my second set. I had a set of industrial injection injectors in the past. My DDP 180's were really smokey compared to my 45lpm Industrials. Everyone seems to like Exergy stuff, but how does S&S compare on the street? I'm not bias to one brand or another, and have been out of this game for 7 years, and trying to jump back in. What is everyones opinions on the top 3 injectors out there for Smoke output vs. power?

Honestly tuning is huge. I ran 200% overs and 100% overs on a 369sxe 476 and 475. Best thing I did was switch tuners from Hardway to Innovative Diesel. We jacked up rail pressure and lowered duration in a couple tunes for the street and I drove relatively smoke free in California! For your power level 100% should be good. The smaller the injector the cleaner they will be but the harder you will have to drive them to make your overall goal. Personally I think II over rates the flow and DDP under rates their flow. With Lenny’s new machine I think Dynomite Diesel makes the cleanest burning injectors. Exergy and S&S also have in my opinion run well in similar set ups. Industrial Injection in my opinion has the best warranty policy and exhange though. Tyler will get you taken care of. I do not think Hardway is a bad tuner, I just feel like since Innovative is a smaller brand they are much easier to work with for tuning tweaks. I’m sure Firepunk is good as well

Honestly tuning is huge. I ran 200% overs and 100% overs on a 369sxe 476 and 475. Best thing I did was switch tuners from Hardway to Innovative Diesel. We jacked up rail pressure and lowered duration in a couple tunes for the street and I drove relatively smoke free in California! For your power level 100% should be good. The smaller the injector the cleaner they will be but the harder you will have to drive them to make your overall goal. Personally I think II over rates the flow and DDP under rates their flow. With Lenny’s new machine I think Dynomite Diesel makes the cleanest burning injectors. Exergy and S&S also have in my opinion run well in similar set ups. Industrial Injection in my opinion has the best warranty policy and exhange though. Tyler will get you taken care of. I do not think Hardway is a bad tuner, I just feel like since Innovative is a smaller brand they are much easier to work with for tuning tweaks. I’m sure Firepunk is good as well

How much smoke were you able to reduce?

Was the idle smoke the same?

my profile pic was a smarty ddp180's and gt4294r, I went to 45lpm II and the smoke was a heavy haze nothing else changed. ran better on the street, and the track with a 10.6mm single cp3. I since have went to ddp200's ( bought used, and was told thats what they were) and an s475/83/.90 still smarty tuning on 1 with tnt-r its terrible on the street. I live in a small town in the country, and still think its bad.....to the point i feel bad for the people behind me. My whole fuel system was compromised so now going to a dual cp3 setup, new injectors, and hp tuning. I also am going to change turbos, but not sure what i'm going to go with, s472sxe or 475/87/1.0 or something else

nv5600 truck, like I said been outta the game for a while.

Being that it’s a manual I’ll bow out. I have 0 idea on how all that really comes together. But in my application I went 200rpm higher stall Convertor, and rail pressure at idle was 10,000psi. The tighter the turbine the better it will do. I would strongly recommend to ditch the 475/83 or 475/87 for that matter in favor of a 472sxe. Firepunk sells Fleece second gen swap kits and will get you the correct fixed orfice to properly oil a Sxe turbo. Personally the 369sxe is probably the best all around turbo in a hot big single street truck with the .91 or 1.0 t4 housing. I made 1004rwhp on a dynojet, and did 7.4 at 8180 which is about 900ish hp trap time. A little short of your goal but that was the money setup with 100% overs in my opinion

I'm running a 5.9, just worried an s369sxe won't live long at 900. But I'm willing to lose 50 up to gain spool up

The 369 is great, just really chokes up in high rpms, but in my view I spent 98% of the time on the street, where the turbo kicked butt, and the 2% in Mexico it was sufficient not the best but certainly not the worst

The 369 gets my vote too, on the street turn it down to around 700rwhp and it will live a long happy life. Put the big tune in for competition and let it eat. I run a .91 and a 45mm external wastegate. I've got no problems turning 4500rpm all day with it. If you want to turn hi-rpm go with bigger injectors. It will make things a lot easier for your tuner.

I would say a 369 and 100% overs would do what you want. You may look into swapping to an 06 ECM, from what I understand they have a few more tables to help with smoke control and you could utilize a switch to control power levels on the fly. Im sure a good tuner can manipulate either ECM to get what you are after though.

Back