New manual transmission diesel record

My god that's rough! Awesome... but rough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm still cleaning rubber off of the doors from the front tires. It was only locking in 3 tires. Passenger side mostly but locked the driver side once.

Very cool, don't see many shift their own gears anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the video and congratulations on the record.

Did you have to perform any internal mods to the trans to get it to go into gear quicker?

Thanks for the video and congratulations on the record.

Did you have to perform any internal mods to the trans to get it to go into gear quicker?

No mods to the trans at all, it's actually just a 150,000 mile trans with newer fluid that's all lol. Thanks guys that run was street tires there's more to come.. just got a new valair street triple disc installed tonight, should shift faster than my dual disc i hear. For my first triple it sure goes into 1st and reverse super easy. Better than my South bend single disc in my other zf daily. I think its gonna do good.

Whaaaaaa the fuuuuuuu?! Are you just dumping the clutch with no boost?

The limiter acts like a 2 step for some reason and builds about 12 pounds but that's a new thing. I've always just dumped it with no boost before. Didn't wanna burn up clutches.

The limiter acts like a 2 step for some reason and builds about 12 pounds but that's a new thing. I've always just dumped it with no boost before. Didn't wanna burn up clutches.

I would rather put a little heat in the clutch than destroy the rest of the drive train. Not to mention it would net you a faster ET once you get it down.

Try a 3rd gear boosted launch.

That's awesome man, thanks for posting! Might want to slip the clutch a little on slicks, if they dead hook it'll either bog or break parts. Congrats again.

Wow, i agree with everyone on not dumping the clutch with slicks/DR after watching that video. Maybe run a lot of air in the new tires to get some spin out of the tires also.

Congrats on your hard work paying off.

Well the truck is light enough I'm hoping it will take a dump on slicks. Dirk pulled a 1.53 60 on radials and didn't break full weight. Plus I'm low torque tune only 1084 ft pounds on the dyno at 743 hp. Fingers crossed.

I would rather put a little heat in the clutch than destroy the rest of the drive train. Not to mention it would net you a faster ET once you get it down.

Try a 3rd gear boosted launch.

I'm still ceramic clutch so don't wanna slip to much, light ceramic clutch let's me no lift powershift.

Back