fuel filter housing question

sanddragon2004

this may be a dumb question. ive tried searching but havent really found the answer im looking for.

So ive purchased this dual fuel filter housing off ebay that will gie me abiltiy to run a water seperator and a seperate high micron filter simlar to what you would on a FASS - the pump. I want to replace the filter that is between the fuel pump and injection pump and just run this under the cab near the tank. it would be easier to service and give some room under the hood behind the IC pump.

this is a 96 12 valve with a 215h p7100 pump. I would just run the line off the pump straight to the IC pump.

Thoughts? am i stupid for thinking this?

Lots of opinions on this but no doubt that the pump pushes better than pulls. You will have the best luck running from tank to pump to filters to ip. Some people do run a very coarse water separator before the pump but as you can see the factory didn't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Most that have put any type of restrictive filter between the tank and lift pump have had fuel delivery issues.
Without a filter between the lift pump and injection pump if anything in the lift pump breaks or comes loose it's going straight to the inj pump, not good.

Back