Gear Selection???

Fireman450

Daring to be diffrent!!
Well Im pickn yalls brains again.... I have the NV4500 in my dodge. I was going to see what others have experenced as far as what gear to run in. I know that since I am lacking a transfer case low side is out of the question.
I am running 4.10 gears out back.

A few that I have talked to say that I may be out of luck because 1st gear will be too slow and 2nd bein too fast. What are yalls opinions? I have thought about going to a 5.13 gear out back to see if that would help. Let me know what yall think?

Fireman450

You should be Ok in 2nd that is 12.46 final drive remember your not loosing the HP by turning the front dif. and drive shaft and transfercase.If you would go with 4.88 final is 14.83.al depend on your hp.If you stay with a short tire I think you would be ok.

We are going to run 1st 20:1 2nd18:1 3rd16:1 we are running 44" tall
cepecs

Dale

Well Im pickn yalls brains again.... I have the NV4500 in my dodge. I was going to see what others have experenced as far as what gear to run in. I know that since I am lacking a transfer case low side is out of the question.
I am running 4.10 gears out back.

A few that I have talked to say that I may be out of luck because 1st gear will be too slow and 2nd bein too fast. What are yalls opinions? I have thought about going to a 5.13 gear out back to see if that would help. Let me know what yall think?

Fireman450

You will be fine with second with your mods. Be sure to turn the predator to kill. Contact diablo and get some custom tuning i beilve its free. Just hope your clucth will hold up.

You will be fine with second with your mods. Be sure to turn the predator to kill. Contact diablo and get some custom tuning i beilve its free. Just hope your clucth will hold up.

Well kurt your confused. This is directed tward my 12v project..:poke:
Im only allowed a max tire size of 35-12.50. Ill probally stay with a 33-12.50.

Also thanks to both of you. How r u coming along Dale?

Going slow I hope I get to go back to work next week money got a little tight.
Have been busy working on Destroked that don't cost me any mony just time.
I wont be bringing it to Schieds Dan told me no the event was just for 4x4 diesels.I respect that it is his event.I was going to buy a lot of parts from them not anymore lot of other places to go and spend my money.I just wanted to make exibition hook.

Dale

Going slow I hope I get to go back to work next week money got a little tight.
Have been busy working on Destroked that don't cost me any mony just time.
I wont be bringing it to Schieds Dan told me no the event was just for 4x4 diesels.I respect that it is his event.I was going to buy a lot of parts from them not anymore lot of other places to go and spend my money.I just wanted to make exibition hook.

Dale

Well That may put a damper on my plans. I was aiming on running my truck up there but if he dosnt want us (2wds') to come up there and run, so be it.
That kinda sucks bc I was hoping we could put on a good show....:soap:

Hmmm...too many trucks? or afraid someone might get showed-up?:poke:

Good question
This was the one and only event i wanted to make because i knew dale would be there and a couple other 2wd's It would have been awesome to make it up that away. Welp to bad he lost a little business and some pullers:badidea:

Back