My project truck

r-rated diesel

I thought I'd post some pictures of my project truck so far. It's a 94 12v 2wd. I cut the frame down and put a short bed on it. Next I completely gutted it and built a cage. I swapped out the Dana 70 for a aam 11.5 with 2nd gen brakes to clear the 16" rims.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 0
Transmission wise I went with a fully built Goerend with a constant pressure manual vb and a suncoast tail piece. Tc is a triple disc with a 2600 rpm stall.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 0
For the engine I stripped it down changed all the gaskets and painted it. I sent the pump off to Seth to get maxed out. It's a 160 pump and he put full cuts in it and modified the afc. With 5ks it flowed 480ish. I went with 5x22 single feed scheid injectors. I have a 5 gallon fuel cell and a Airdog 165. I bought a Hamilton 181/210 cam and 150# valve springs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 0
I went with a s366/80/.91 and a s482/96/1.32. I also put a 3rd gen intercooler on it and built a dual intake horn. I vbanded everything but the intercooler.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 0
Just curious was the aam a direct swap?

No it took some work to make it fit. The perches were wider on the aam. I just cut them off and moved them in. I also moved the front facing shock mount to the rear.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 0
Was it worth the fab work? It looks like you used the stock brackets. Also on the second gen brakes. How hard was that to swap? I have a chance to get one cheap seems the front axles could swap right in and take a set of 3.42s

Last edited:
I'm still a little ways from having it done so I'm not sure yet. I got the aam for the strength and the disc brakes. I got a really good deal on it. I gutted the parking brake parts and it has a lot less drag now!..on jack stands anyways

That's why I am thinking about swapping to one. Strength. They are much cheaper then Dana 80s and the disk brake are easier to find

Back