Narrowing a Rockwell

I would be very cautious about the cast aluminum centers. Unless it is the billet ones I would stick with the cast iron one

I would be very cautious about the cast aluminum centers. Unless it is the billet ones I would stick with the cast iron one
They dont make a forged OEM one that is desirable for they? Was thinking it's either cast aluminum or cast iron from factory.

I can find better ways to waste $600
91a5531b8f055ac20449914259984901.jpg

Last edited:
My steel 3rd member weighs 235 lbs. I haven't welded it yet so it might go up a pound or two depending on how much weld I dump in there :lolly:

Jeremy I thought it was the SQHD aluminum ones they had problems with? Either way I can't see it being more than 30lbs with the aluminum vs the steel.

Whats a dressed Dana 80 weigh, anyone know?

My steel 3rd member weighs 235 lbs. I haven't welded it yet so it might go up a pound or two depending on how much weld I dump in there :lolly:

Jeremy I thought it was the SQHD aluminum ones they had problems with? Either way I can't see it being more than 30lbs with the aluminum vs the steel.

Whats a dressed Dana 80 weigh, anyone know?

Is that loaded with carrier and gears?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that doesn't seem too terribly bad, considering I found one with the correct ratio I'll probably jump on it. What are you doing for a yoke?

I was told that the sqhd aluminum ones were junk and the newer 20-145 ones were much better supposedly?

Probably go with a 1480 yoke, although everyone says to go with the SPL100, the 1480 would be a direct replacement and is way cheaper

The 1480 is what I'd like to do to match the rest of my driveshaft, Is there a common truck shop part number for the 1480 yoke? I saw it on Proformance Pros site for little over a couple hundred bucks.

Pretty sure the one Proformance Pros sells is a 3-4-13081-1X, which is off the Spicer S110's from like the F550's and 5500 Chevy/GMC and Rams..

They list that you need a 1/4 inch spacer or something like that. Shouldn't be hard to come up with something like that, or even just get it from them, they list it for like 12 bucks.

I had heard the same as zstroken mentioned. I think it was mentioned in a thread here that if you ran a 6.20 gear you could get away with the smaller yoke, but the larger yoke is recommended.
I am looking to do something very similar as you guys are doing also, so I am trying to learn also.

The SPL100 is a 100-4-1371-1X and is like 330 bucks! Also can't find a non greasable joint but when your U Joint is that big who knows if it even matters LOL

1550 is what most of the 3.6 guys are running. I would think it would be find on the small power your GM truck will make. :)

Easy now! Don't put me in with those V8 guys! LOL LOL LOL

:lolly: :lolly: :lolly: That thing got a 6.5 in it??

Just kidding.

1550 was my next thought instead of the SPL100. I donno I might just grab a 1480 yoke and if it breaks worry about it then.

Back