Tools for the job...

runsideways2

Can some one please post a link to where I can get all the tools needed for a valve spring job and p pump swap.
I over think things and make it harder for myself to get the tools.
Thanks guys

Can some one please post a link to where I can get all the tools needed for a valve spring job and p pump swap.
I over think things and make it harder for myself to get the tools.
Thanks guys

Was Google broken today?!

I've been playing on BMW forums all day so didn't get a chance to check!

:hehe:

That TorkTek valve spring tool is priceless for the cost, but you don't need the timing kits. Just measure the diameter of the harmonic balancer and find the perimeter (Perimeter = Dia*3.14), then divide that by 360, and you have your distance converted into degrees. Extremely easy.

And the pump pulled requires a couple bolts and a piece of steel you drill some holes in and tap one.

Along with the hammer, a good pair of vice grips, and a torch.

I rarely use a torch where a wrench can attach to a bolt or nut. Hammer is not usefully unless it's being used for nails or dents. Vice grips are good for nothing at all on my RAM.:stab:

At the very minimum.... a hammer.

Give me a call when you need work done on your truck I'll get you all buttoned up. I'll make sure to bring my bag-O-tools with me (hammers).
Little hammer big hammer ball peen hammer sledgehammer. Oh no I'm missing a hammer I think I left one inside cylinder #6:hehe:

Give me a call when you need work done on your truck I'll get you all buttoned up. I'll make sure to bring my bag-O-tools with me (hammers).
Little hammer big hammer ball peen hammer sledgehammer. Oh no I'm missing a hammer I think I left one inside cylinder #6:hehe:

It was probably the slide hammer. Those are handy for pulling rusty injectors out of and 89 1st Gen that hasn’t ran in 4 years. ?

Back