Pistons?

JamieWood

Blowin' Smoke
What would be the best judgement on my piston selection? For the money should I go with a coated marine piston, or would a custom cut piston from Arias or Ross be a better bet with II's Dragon Flow's?

Best bet would be to call II and see what they recommend. The injector/bowl combination matters more than most people think.

brandon.

the 04 - 06 CR piston is the way to go, the marine already is low on compression , you will need to cut the pistons for the cam and have them coated , Ray Little at RayMac is doing pistons now , the Stock piston is more then enough . I can get you a price on a compleat set of 8 pistons cut coated with the custom Nascar ring package that Ray has developed .

COMP461 said:
the 04 - 06 CR piston is the way to go, the marine already is low on compression , you will need to cut the pistons for the cam and have them coated , Ray Little at RayMac is doing pistons now , the Stock piston is more then enough . I can get you a price on a compleat set of 8 pistons cut coated with the custom Nascar ring package that Ray has developed .

I believe he is talking about a 12V engine.......

joefarmer said:
Best bet would be to call II and see what they recommend. The injector/bowl combination matters more than most people think.

brandon.
Sound advise right there!! Give Brady a call, he will direct you to the correct bowl design for optimum performance with their Dragon Flows.:bow: :bow: :bow:

Signature600 said:
Why 8 pistons, and what's the reasoning for using 24v pistons in a 12v engine??

Just asking,
Chris;)

He's got Chebbies on his mind, pay no attention....

He's also assuming a 12V block with a 24V head deal. :doh:

Will the 04-06 CR piston fit in my 12V block? Keep in mind that this is a stock (for now) block with a 12V head.
The other question that I have is that will I be able to put a 24V head on my block.

Mt2_18.jpg

What would be better the 04' HO, 04.5' HO, or the 06' CR? Is there any difference between then all?

Where would I go to get a set? Do they need to be a special piston, or are they good enough OEM. Of course, they will need to be fly cut.

I guess my question is the OEM the same as a custom built piece?

Need some help I would like to make a purchase soon.

Thanks,
JW

Just a little info on a 12v I'm familier with, the injectors were custom built on the spray angle for the amount of timing and head gasket thickness.

Another question, what is a good bore size for a race motor, and when you talking about bowl size how does that factor?

Thanks,
Jw

Back