trying to decide on street / tow twins

stall is already really high my trans temps in traffic get bad I have to watch it like a hawk. needs aux coolers. Hard to tell if it helped spool. What it did do is make the thing sound like its going faster so pedestrians freak out when I drive in residential areas, lol.
I asked for 'low stall' when I ordered the converter but its well above stock.

Last edited:
You could try an HE351VE with one of those stand-alone controllers, sounds like that would do what you're looking for.

didnt mean to sound snippy in the last post.

That was snippy ?
Haha, I've been married 30 years, my snippy threshold is pretty high.

Why not just get a car for city driving, and use the truck when you need it ?
It seems sad taming the Dodge to be city friendly.

insurance on another car would be a killer. I tried the motorcycle route here for awhile but its too damn scary for that now.
I dunno that a towing setup would be 'taming' the thing, just trying to slip under the radar with the smoke and noise.

insurance on another car would be a killer. I tried the motorcycle route here for awhile but its too damn scary for that now.
I dunno that a towing setup would be 'taming' the thing, just trying to slip under the radar with the smoke and noise.

It doesn't have to be the latest and greatest. Pickup a 07 civic in good shape for 3500,and you'll get a multi vehicle policy discount. I have 4 vehicles insured with good coverage for 75 a month.

Im paying about 1750 a year for coverage on just the truck here. thats a 25 year old truck!
Cant afford another vehicle thats not a motorcycle.
Plan is to make this a tow vehicle and be ready for when my ties here are done and all my stuff goes with me. I want to get a small toy hauler with tools and parts for the motorcycle and dirtbikes I got.

Its got 4.10s but I run 35s so I can get a little of my RPMs back on the highway. otherwise it revs like crazy.

sizing sounds like the BD twins on a budget. probably instant boost though. I get the feeling if I went that small it might be overkill, from what Im reading on here anyhow. top end would probably be limited to like 550hp

Ok, so if I decided to suck it up and put a 4202 on this thing, is there anything I can do to the phatshaft 62 I have, or the 4202 I would buy to make the pair spool faster?

bringing the timing further BTDC moves power up in RPM, least thats been my experience with this truck.
makes it even worse off the bottom. Can you even go lower than 14* on a 215 pump? Hadnt really thought about lower than stock timing but Id guess you could.

I'm running He351cws with the 67mm turbine wheels and billet compressor wheels on both of my 12 valves and love them. They light quick and the temps are easily controlled.

I just finished up HE351 over an HT60, got both of them for dirt cheap over time. With 5x12s, 5 speed and intercooler that leaks BAD it still spools pretty quick. 215hp pump as well. Right now I have the AFC a little loose to compensate for the bad intercooler so it is drivable. I had it down to almost no smoke, bud took too long to get the afc to move out.

I'm in SE Mass if you ever want to check out how they run.

Back