polished turbos?

SCHOOL BUS

DLRA T-O
who has em? Who did it? And what did it cost? Post pics if you got em!

also curious if anyone has anything coated with the polydyn polished coating, just curious if the finish stays pretty for long.

Thanks in advance.

Just remove the compressor case and smooth them out and polish it yourself, it's easy and just a lil bit of effort.

I'm telling ya just remove the case and start working it with 100 grit then move to 220, then 320 ect then start the polishing with emery compound then tripoli, then finish with the white rouge.......

Ok, I've never polished a turbo so I didnt know how, sounds simple enough.

Now has anyone used that polydyn coating on the exhaust manifold? And if I coat the exhaust housings and hot pipe should I use the polished finish or the regular polydyn coating.

I want it to look really sharp under the hood

Wet sand when you sanding makes a better job and get a bottle of advil or alive because your hand are going to be hurting.I like useing the 3m scotch brite pad on my air angle grinder the fine one alot faster.just remember not to grind to hard so you don't get any flat spot.you will still have to do some sandin for blending.Have fun.
Dale
May08Perky008.jpg

how often do you have to repolish em?

Only once in a while I use polish called magic shine it has a wax in it for sealing.I drive it everyday.The pipeing is powder coated chrome.on that you just use windex and a soft rag.

Dale

I agree with what was said above I did the housing on my stock turbo and it turned out pretty good but is pretty hard on the hands.

Justin

Industrial Injection had mine polished both of them, looks nice mmmmm. shiny

Ive got a guy up here that does polishing cheap! and does a great job! ya just have to wait a little bit to get your parts back:bang

Top & Bottom chargers, TPS bracket, and a BANKS high ram polished up
100_3152.jpg

T-stat elbow, alt. bracket, radiator cap, grid heater delete, intake cover
100_3166.jpg

100_3179-1.jpg

100_3177.jpg

you cant really see the bottom charger but If you were to look closely you would see it:rockwoot:

Ian

Back