Thread: Daily Bread
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 02:17 PM   #1
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Name: GOLDDUSTERS5703
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Daily Bread

i receive these from my uncle most days and i would like to share these w/ u guys. i will just copy and paste if yall are interested. here goes...

Ongoing Encouragement

ODB RADIO: Listen Now | Download
READ: Colossians 3:14-25

Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged. —Colossians 3:21

Father’s Day is celebrated in many countries worldwide. Although the origins, activities, and actual day of observance differ widely, they all share the common thread of honoring fathers for their role as parents.

This year for Father’s Day, I’ve decided to do something different. Instead of waiting to receive a card or phone call from my children, I’m sending words of appreciation to them and to my wife. After all, without them, I wouldn’t be a dad.

Paul instructed fathers to be a positive part of their children’s development rather than a source of anger and discouragement. He wrote, “Fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord” (Eph. 6:4). “Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged” (Col. 3:21). Both of these verses are embedded in passages about loving and honoring each other in family relationships.

The role of a father changes as children grow, but it doesn’t end. Praise and encouragement are welcomed whether a child is 4 or 40. Prayer is always powerful. And it’s never too soon to mend a broken relationship with a son or daughter.

Fathers, now is a good time to tell your children how much you love and appreciate them. — David C. McCasland

Our children need encouragement,
Expressions of our love and care;
Appreciation, when expressed,
Accentuates the bond we share. —Sper

The greatest gift a father can give to his children is himself.

PHILIPPIANS 4:13