View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 06:53 AM   #17
RD TRCTR

Name: RD TRCTR
Title: Diesels, Burn Outs & Tits
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodacious View Post
Thanks for the reply. It is somewhat disappointing to see the stands at any diesel drag racing event.

I'm curious if the NHRA has considered adding a couple diesel classes in the sportsman category?

When we had Bodacious at any drag strip, I realized that a large percentage of folks really don't know about diesel performance. Yep, even with todays tech and advertising, etc...

...and that goes for triple at the mud races. I believe diesel motorsports is still, somehow, in its infancy.
Prior to the NHRDA event scheduled for KY next year, the last NHRDA event east of the Mississippi was in Indy in 2014. The ODSS was formed over the Winter and Fleece sponsored the ODSS race at Indy in 2015. Turn out sucked... But, it was also the same weekend as the NHRDA event in St Louis that year.

Randy (NHRDA) couldn't get the following to really support the series east of the Mississippi. The big events like Scheid and TS were really all that existed for the longest in time (as Thunder in Muncie cam, went and came back).