10 second 1st gen

You like those do ya? :Cheer:

OP, I think the problem with your posts is the use of the word "easy".... It's a slap in the face to drag racers. The faster you go the harder 10ths are to come by. I do wish you luck on your quest, and look forward to seeing your progress.

The 12.3 was easy and there's was still a lot left on the table. So yes i do think 10's will be easy.

I loved my VE, but it's easier to do with the 215 pump I put on mine. Wouldn't go back either. I think you could do it with nitrous and a good lockup trans.

Nobody has really asked yet so... Why are you set on using a non-lockup trans and no intercooler?

Last edited:
I ran a 12.67 @ 6400lbs eight or so years ago through a non lock-up converter*.

* A custom unit Brad designed.

While it was a run of the mill 12mm VE, everything else was not stock.

I've always believed most don't actually realize/use all the potential power from the fuel they move. IMO, You'll need larger injectors with a LOT more air, etc . . .. if only to get closer to your goal.

I'm currently building a 48RH and hope to put a little more to the ground. I've not too long ago put some small triples on and hope, with the new trans, to move into some quicker ETs.

But I don't expect to be real close to 10s. At all.

Good luck. :)

Nobody has really asked yet so... Why are you set on using a non-lockup trans and no intercooler?

Because thats what 1st gens came with 727 or 518. I have pretty much found the rpm limit of the 727 and stock 3.07 gearing. Even with a 33 inch slick i was still going through the traps a close to 4200 rpm. The new setup will be a 518 and probably 3.55 gears with a 315 et street radial pro,

12vchevydually has a D100 with a VE pumped/518 shifted powerplant. I think he went 12.30's at 4500lbs with a set of 6x.016's, 3200GSK, S300G/S478 twins, and a walbro lift pump. Non-lockup, factory TC. With a better converter, I think we could have clicked off a 12.0 or maybe even dipped into the 11's.

Is that 10's, not at all. That truck needs the pump pulled and sent off, a better intercooler (we had a factory industrial air-to-water unit on it), and a better converter at least, a 47RH at best. It's an absolute blast to drive.

VE's like a lot of injector, way more than I ever needed with a p-pump at 650hp...but making more than about 450hp takes some effort with the VE.
Chris

Last edited:
I would suggest a Type R Acura dual tip exhaust.

It synced my converter flash stall to my AFC fueling without using a higher octane fuel.

pK7MXHqHT4CPEYqjymxJ7g.jpg

12vchevydually has a D100 with a VE pumped/518 shifted powerplant. I think he went 12.30's at 4500lbs with a set of 6x.016's, 3200GSK, S300G/S478 twins, and a walbro lift pump. Non-lockup, factory TC. With a better converter, I think we could have clicked off a 12.0 or maybe even dipped into the 11's.

Is that 10's, not at all. That truck needs the pump pulled and sent off, a better intercooler (we had a factory industrial air-to-water unit on it), and a better converter at least, a 47RH at best. It's an absolute blast to drive.

VE's like a lot of injector, way more than I ever needed with a p-pump at 650hp...but making more than about 450hp takes some effort with the VE.
Chris

Look what it took him to run 12.3, then what it took me at more weight. That should tell you something

I'm not mad. We put that truck together in literally 2 weekends with parts we had laying there. There's not much more than stock there, but for 2 chargers and a set of sticks. It was also in 2009...

I was trying to help your case that VE's can get fast, but since you can't pull your head out of your @$$ and see that, I'll leave you with the rest of the site telling you how it can't be done.

Go out and prove how smart you are instead of telling us, and trying to convince us. Let your actions do it.

Chris

I'm not mad. We put that truck together in literally 2 weekends with parts we had laying there. There's not much more than stock there, but for 2 chargers and a set of sticks. It was also in 2009...

I was trying to help your case that VE's can get fast, but since you can't pull your head out of your @$$ and see that, I'll leave you with the rest of the site telling you how it can't be done.

Go out and prove how smart you are instead of telling us, and trying to convince us. Let your actions do it.

Chris

Like a said, truck will be out in the spring

Back