Fianally Fired my truck...

Fireman450

Daring to be diffrent!!
Guys
I just wanted to get on here and bragg a little. I got to hear my truck run for the first time tonight we fired her at about 3:30am. She purred like a kitten.
I feel like Im about 10 feet tall....:woohoo:
Now just got a few little things to finish up on and she will be ready for next Sat @ Hart Co. KY.
Im so tickled right now. I need to get some sleep but Im so wired up that I cant..... Thanks to all that have helped me on this project, I know she aint done but she has really come a long way. :Cheer:

Fireman450

Glad to hear it's Alive I want to see a pic of the front tire's 10 ft in the air.
Just kidding I would prefer to see them about 8 -12" off the ground.

Good luck give me a call when ever your not snoozing I don't want to wake you I know you need your beauty sleep.

Dale

Glad to hear it's Alive I want to see a pic of the front tire's 10 ft in the air.
Just kidding I would prefer to see them about 8 -12" off the ground.

Good luck give me a call when ever your not snoozing I don't want to wake you I know you need your beauty sleep.

Dale

I sure will dale, Im out in the shop now tryn to get her finalized. I couldnt sleep a wink last night.....:charger: But its all worth it. Ill have a video of her running on here shortly. Got one little fuel leak that im gonna have to run down but its not bad enough for me to tell where its coming from. Anyways back to the shop Ill keep yall updated.

Later

Fireman450

Its always exciting firing one up for the first time after a bunch of new mods...:rockwoot:

What class will you be pulling in around here? Are they gonna let you run 30" hitch height?

Now, lets see some video:woohoo:

Fireman450 When you set your weights up on your bed try too put your front tires on a scale and try to get your total weight on you front end about 2500lb to 2800lb the big gassers around here have a front end weighting at 2200 to 2300 lb.I thought it would be a good place to start.Sence you might get to make a few test hooks early.
I wish I was able to come down and help.I can't even feel my billfold in my back pocket any more.I want to go back to work ggot to go back to the Doctor in 4 weeks for another exam on the schoulder.

Dale

Its always exciting firing one up for the first time after a bunch of new mods...:rockwoot:

What class will you be pulling in around here? Are they gonna let you run 30" hitch height?

Now, lets see some video:woohoo:

Well Right now her first hook is going to be in the 2.6 street class at Hart co. Next saturday. Im going to ask at the drivers meeting about the hitch, which I dont think it will be a problem.

Ive got a couple of late night videos that Im tryn to get on here. Just bear with me....

Fireman450

That is from the other pistons laying on the back of the truck he forgot to put them in:poke:

Dale

Well Right now her first hook is going to be in the 2.6 street class at Hart co. Next saturday. Im going to ask at the drivers meeting about the hitch, which I dont think it will be a problem.

Ive got a couple of late night videos that Im tryn to get on here. Just bear with me....

Fireman450

That truck gave me a hard on when she fired up. She sounds awesome. I beilve that truck will do the 2wd crowd just fine. I think your power is there now all u need is set up and you will be doing fine. Looks like i am going to take a vaction day or two. Hey fireman you mine if i borrow the 94LOL

How much timing you have ?

It sounds like misfiring in higher rpm ?

And even in idle the timing sounds less than stock !

Right now its somewhere in the neigborhood of 28 degrees.

Im not real sure how this thing is going to act just yet because that was just free reving. It should smooth out when a load is applied.

That truck gave me a hard on when she fired up. She sounds awesome. I beilve that truck will do the 2wd crowd just fine. I think your power is there now all u need is set up and you will be doing fine. Looks like i am going to take a vaction day or two. Hey fireman you mine if i borrow the 94LOL

Anytime you feel like coming up Kurt just give me a shout. My door is alwys open....:Cheer:

Fireman450

Kurt your up real early didn't do much partying last night Ha.

Well how did it do did you last night did you make a good show.The way the motor sound like it should run upstairs when the turbo lights.
Hope they had good lighting at the track so you could take vidios.
Dale

Back