1990 d100 2wd ext cab. Possible 4bt 6 speed swap

coorsman2005

i like beer
Ok. Well to Start out I saved this truck from the crusher over the wkd. Guy needing money I caught wind of it. Got it for $150. Very strait and solid truck. Kinds and what ppl will smash. Ok. On to the questions.

I have a 4bt in the shop. Backed by an nv5600. My plans are putting this motor in the truck. Does anyone know if the stock 1st gen engine mounts will mount to the 4b block and sit right. Or will it have to be custom. Either way I'm good with. But dont mind cheating where I can.

That's what I was hoping to hear. Now another question. This is my first 4b. Beings they are based off the 6b. Do they have any surprises that should be addressed. Such as the killer dowel pin.

Well my $650 build is coming together. Finally getting some time to tinker. Hoping to have it driving by the weekend

Keeping this build simple as possible. Beings I'm still working on my 12v 08 mega cab that engine is still hanging on the stand getting finished up as time I get.

If it doesn't have them in it, if you dig around some, there are 9-1/4 rear axles out there with 2.71 gears in them.
That is, if you feel you really WANT to lug that 4bt down in 6th.

Mark.

Lol. Ya I'm not sure how low rpms I really want to run.
It would be nice running down the interstate. And just be able to leave it in 6th without killing the motor and smoking everyone out haha

Well I have been trying to post more pictures but. It wont let me post any more says something about missing token. But I have yet to find a token machine.

But the motor is sitting on motor mounts. All I lack is drive shaft crossmember and a few odd and in things

Finally got the pics to post. Of the motor mounts I built.

And where the motor will be sitting in the truck it is almost exactly where it's going to be

Back