my 379 build

thank ya sir, I polished the stacks and worn out bumper last weekend and decided that was enough for right then. I have a friend who lives in town that said he would sand them and polish them for 50 a wheel. Pretty sure im going to go that route.

YES! I wouldn't dig the extension cord out for $50 right now.

Here is another picture of the truck of course. Its along side my fathers truck. Also here is the set of brake knobs I sent to a buddy and had him engrave. He has the shifter ball right now.

IMG_1350_zps9b9men1l.jpg

IMG_1355_zpsfrk2wikc.jpg

Not much of a Peterbilt guy but very nicely done.

Great job bringing back an old truck. Being an 87 it has to be close to some of the first 379s made. IIRC, Pete stopped making the 359 in 86?

yes the 379 came out mid year 87. I plan on taking the vin to see what number make this one is since its a first year truck.

yes the 379 came out mid year 87. I plan on taking the vin to see what number make this one is since its a first year truck.

Good luck! If it's anything like my KW they've reused the VIN. Which means they need to find the info the old school way and no one seems to be able to do that or ambitious enough to research it.

Either way, very neat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck! If it's anything like my KW they've reused the VIN. Which means they need to find the info the old school way and no one seems to be able to do that or ambitious enough to research it.

Either way, very neat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had no issues with my kw's. Just give them the year and they can pick the proper info. Both my 94's w900 share vin with like t600's or something from 08

Back