Turbo swap vs cp3 swap

Chadf212

Well I just recently changed my cp3 wow what a pain. My question is how does it compare to changing a turbo I'm looking into either a Daniville 68 or 72. Any info is greatly appreciated

still a pain but not terrible. Is your egr cooler still present? The worst part in my opinion is the up pipe bolts, tightened by the hand of god, and no where near enough room to get good leverage on them. If you changed your own cp3 without any real troubles, you can handle the turbo swap. If your egr system is still present, I would delete it at the same time.

Ya egr just has a blocker plate because I live in California..... I have to smog it in March after that maybe I'll delete it then put it back on in 2 years. Anyone know if the Danville 72 is a drop in?

Ya the 3794 was my first pick till I seen the 72 I'm wanting to get a set of exergy 100%s how much hp do you think I could get out of that 3794? I'm looking for 650ish then building the motor then who knows where it will go

From what ive read the 3794 is maxed out around 650 ...if you go with a 72 and 100 overs im gonna bet youll be needing to build the motor.

Back