View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 09:00 AM   #15
Cummins Driver

Name: Cummins Driver
Title: THE Cummins Driver
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWALLDOG View Post
well i havent had alot of time working on my truck. been helpin a buddie finish up is rock buggie. but i have done a few things. was going to build a adj. boost elbow and hook up a drive pressure gauge to get things all tuned up right. well went to buy a new elbow to make adj. and i found this little needle valve.

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

thought it would work out pretty sweet, but i dont think it does. i think that it leaks. dont know for sure but ever sense i put it on it feels like it had a small boost leak. egt are a little higher than normal and it takes a little longer to spool up. so i'll prolly be ditchin that.
Once again, awesome work man!

On your boost elbow, you may or may not have done it, but what you need to do is drill a very small hole on the wastegate actuator side of the elbow.

This allows it to keep the gate shut and makes it adjustable easier. If it doesent have that hole there, it will open the gate pretty soon, and also when you let off the throttle, it will take the gate a few seconds to shut because all the air in the actuator has to flow back through the elbow, which will take a seconds since it is a restriction.

Without that hole there, it will still open the gate at the same PSI, it just will take it longer because the boost has to go through the restriction, which will take it longer. But as soon as it is pressurized for a few seconds and enough air gets into the actuator, it will open all the way up(if the boost PSI of the actuator is reached)

Hope that makes sense, but that may solve the problems you are having as far as that goes.

Looking good!

Eric

01 Dodge 3500 4x4 Dually Ext. Cab
Home Built 47re and an Edge Juice/Attitue & Air Dog

93 D250 Club Cab A518 - THD Fuel Pin