3.0 smoothbore hood/ air filter rules questions

skyler1101

cant find anything in the handbook but is it permitted to run an airfilter out of the hood for the 3.0 smoothbore class can anyone clarify?

Exactly finding a filter for me that flows enough simply won’t fit under the hood so I’d like to cut a splice out of the hood and have it just barely sticking out it’s not a cone or anything wont look ridiculous but just a means of making it fit just don’t want to be out of the rules on it but I refuse to run the engine anymore without one

Remember, it's not what the rules say you can do, it's what they don't say you can't do!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

There was a duramax that ran in Badger State for a long time with a filter out the hood, and they're PPL affiliates. I'd say it depends on if you win or not as to whether you get protested...

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

There was a duramax that ran in Badger State for a long time with a filter out the hood, and they're PPL affiliates. I'd say it depends on if you win or not as to whether you get protested...

Yes there was. Nothing says you cant run a filter. Idk why you would want to unless your always in a dust bowl of a track pulling

Them boys won enough times to cause an issue if there was one, they hooked at sdx a couple times that way.

As for the OP, call your local tech and class representatives. we always just ran a double screen on the face of the velocity stack after a couple precisions went, seemed to help the remainder of the season.

Back