New truck project

Well things have changed a bit over the winter and it's all kept me crazy busy. I am jumping to the new class in odds outlaw 5.90. Truck has went on a much stronger diet with back half 4 link rear and as partial front half. All the glass is replaced with Lexan . One piece Fiberglass front clip. I am staying with the mechanical game still but I have switched from a 5.9 12v block to a sleeves 6.7 block. Still very much a work in progress

This was starting the frame cut and back half.
6a69b5e1dd750eefc9d4d06d13aaa793.jpg

From there I build a moly back half with Afco shocks and firepunk 4 link brackets. Pretty happy with it for my first one.
1507b175ec0e2ac95a55ae18745c3f79.jpg

1337b2f83b85f5df171a8bb3af9f918a.jpg

66f1943d80fd51930796c0a47ad427f1.jpg

4474011f0734db65b49f971eba04715b.jpg
65d0c556ef5337591a50861401976414.jpg

From there I moved into the front end and cut everything infront of the engine mounts off whole axle got stripped and all oem steering was replaced with custom rack and pinion.
6917b9605df7328bda9e623dbb1dedb8.jpg
b399e853faf9332be242828ff1a3b88f.jpg

c051e523555091fb7a6a4ad45cdccac1.jpg

I need to do the front cross member and 2 welds in the cab and the chassis is pretty much done. Everything has worked rather well for a very custom
Unit.
The windows are fitted with hand cut Lexan and Tou can't tell until you touch it that it's not glass.
7deba27d8f2d7e8dce30b3bde0cf939e.jpg

Engine also came back from
Machine today I need to cut the block for cam bushings and it's ready to assemble.
8575dc349137c53d2076c151f25f1af2.jpg

Hoping to be at Rudy's race at the end of the month. As you can see its a lot of work.
I can't thank those who have helped me enough with firepunk engineering, infinite performance and Hamilton cams. Without them this wouldn't be possible.

looks awesome.. tons of adjustments. Is the front end steering setup a manual rack and pinion? what would something like that come off? Does it still use a stock trac bar? sorry all the questions lol..... cant wait to see it finished, nice work, edit just saw the rack and pinion above the one pic

Last edited:
looks awesome.. tons of adjustments. Is the front end steering setup a manual rack and pinion? what would something like that come off? Does it still use a stock trac bar? sorry all the questions lol..... cant wait to see it finished, nice work, edit just saw the rack and pinion above the one pic
I have some extra sawzall blades I could send you:hehe::evil

Looks phucking GOOD Austin!! :rockwoot:

It is not a manual rack and pinion it's hydro assist. There is a lot that goes into it. Nothing from the cab forward is stock except the engine mounts. I will do a write up on the rack when I am ready

Looks great, excellent fab work!!!

On the 2v head, we've been getting quite a bit of great feedback on power numbers from the as-cast War Heads from Hamilton. Both in our own testing and other's in the industry we've worked with they make excellent power as-cast. A few guys have had cracking issues with their War Heads when ported to the extreme limits but the 3 that we've played with (1 ported and 2 as-cast) have all been great as far as heat cracking in the valve seats and port bowl area.

Looks great, excellent fab work!!!

On the 2v head, we've been getting quite a bit of great feedback on power numbers from the as-cast War Heads from Hamilton. Both in our own testing and other's in the industry we've worked with they make excellent power as-cast. A few guys have had cracking issues with their War Heads when ported to the extreme limits but the 3 that we've played with (1 ported and 2 as-cast) have all been great as far as heat cracking in the valve seats and port bowl area.

I am not running a war head by choice currently . This is a standard large Valve Hamilton unit. This engine is a bit different then most but should run rather well for a 2 valve . Probably start the season with a 480/96 and be replaced by a 72-75/87-96 and a gt55 beside it. Downside to 5.90 is I will be running pro street at many non ODSS events. Looking to get the truck to 60 in the 1.2x range

Anything new with this? Also where are you getting the one piece fiberglass clip?

The truck is about finished and I will do a large update when that happens. Currently doing the front Intercooler Mount.
I will be honest, the amount of custom work this go around has really slowed progress more then I would like.
The front clip comes from joe Frey at hot bodz. He has an amazing product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The truck is about finished and I will do a large update when that happens. Currently doing the front Intercooler Mount.
I will be honest, the amount of custom work this go around has really slowed progress more then I would like.
The front clip comes from joe Frey at hot bodz. He has an amazing product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tease.:poke:

Back