Thread: Shop Truck
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 05:08 AM   #131
Bodacious

Name: Bodacious
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
I'm sorta glad to have a lull in the construction of this truck for I seem to change my mind so much, the hinges are gonna have to be replaced.

I spoke with John at Freedom Racing Engines about supplying a sleeved 6.7 block. While speaking with John, I realized the Red Line Diesel engine I bought will more than likely get the job done in all the facets I want to entertain. So, a new UCC2018 Engine plan is born.

Since I'm about the worst salesman I know, I may as well use the first billet block I bought and forget about the MRA with this engine. This saves the money I would have spent for the 6.7 sleeve work.

I will dis-assemble the PDD solid engine and utilize the crank, rods, cam, etc...

I have the Hamilton head awaiting my camshaft choice before continuing further.

PDD supplied new Manton push rods and 14mm studs that should work with the Hamilton head.

Once I get the cam out of the solid block, I can hopefully find a number on it. I have another billet roller cam here as well I will look at.

So this is what I have so far.

As John with Freedom stated, my biggest issue will be pistons since I want to street drive this engine as well. So CompD, what are your piston recommendations?

This new plan also changes the 'rev it to the moon' theory pushing the original engine plan. Since Karl's engine won't spin the rpm's, I see no need to spin the UCC engine much harder. As most folks have pointed out, these engines were never designed for rpms. So, I may have to speak with John again as my original RPM goals steered him away from a steel top piston.