Greg Hogue Comp461 pictures from Diesel Power's Project X Diesel

COMP461

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Where do I begin, this project has been the most successful magazine project in Diesel Powers history, with too many articles to count. I started this project with the intent to do what a average enthusiast with good mechanical skills could accomplish. I begin with a 217,000 mile well cared for used truck of the used car lot at Kirk Manuals Dodge dealership. The glove box was full of Amsoil oil change receipts.
Here it is on day one

100_0124.jpg

I have allways use a RPM perfromance Data Logger m and Project X had one as well

100_0224.jpg

I had a lot of help from my friends,

100_0508.jpg

100_0514.jpg

the NADP transmission and GearVendors

100_0509.jpg

The first ZZ street manifold , on a RayMac cylinder head

100_0122.jpg

100_0524.jpg

I had made a commitment to David Kennedy, editor of Diesel Power Magazine that I would have the truck ready and at Hot Rods Drag week 2006.

That Same weekend, I was also scheduled to Drive, and tune the Predator truck for a Friday and Saturday Diesel Pro Mod event, in Atlanta. Drag week had a drop-dead time of 2 pm Sunday.

The answer was almost insane, to drive Project X diesel, newly assembled, unproven truck, just off the lift 900 miles to Cordova IL. Jump on a airplane and fly to Atlanta. It was Thursday night Wes Snow, Anna Caulkin’s, myself and a few others worked on the truck until 3am that night . We drove the truck around the block, and all seemed fine, I went home to get sleep to drive the next day, while they finished packing.

The next morning we had a problem, the wheels and tire did not show up on the days UPS. We finally got wheels and tires in at 530 pm , and after mounting tires , kind of wild seeing the owner of the dealer ship Kirk Manuel mounting and balancing tires .
I left fort worth heading north at 7pm , with 15 hours to be at the airport.

0702dp_04_z2003_dodge_ram_2500greg_.jpg

0702dp_01_z2003_dodge_ram_2500burno.jpg

the guy in the GT was shocked when I out ran him , and so was Hot Rod

Greg-16-1.jpg

Hello....Greg.
Karen & myself have started a new life together & i have been touching her in ways that will suprise you....... When are you going to get that heap to the track & quit yapping about how awesome you think you are? 2 years & counting.......
You are still working on it in your driveway.........Not a very good racing program considering you are such good friends with Force, Pedregon, Schumacher,Height, Hillary, & the rest. I thought I was going to get a invite to your private testing seccisions? How are they going?

I know i will get a spanking from the mods.........But i just had to....:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

Attachments

• securedownload5.jpg
    securedownload5.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 145
  • securedownload2.jpg
    securedownload2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 115
  • securedownload1.jpg
    securedownload1.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 104
  • securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
In the picture with the head and zz intake manifold, what is the difference in the yellow and green valve seals?

I was thinking the same John.....

Hey Greg, I ran a 11.9 with a single cp3 and a silver bullet, and now it makes 963/1730 fuel only......am I cool too?

Btw..

I have to give props to wicked diesels for the fuel and air, Hamilton cams for the valvetrain, and zz fab for the side entry manifold. Thanks everyone!!!! :cheer:

In the picture with the head and zz intake manifold, what is the difference in the yellow and green valve seals?

Cummins makes the exhaust valve seals a different color than the intake valve seals... Green/exhaust and yellow/intake

John your doing a good job of getting out there, and I have said that on on both camara, and on radio , but do not try to rewrite history.

The facts are the facts , I was the first to compete at both NHRA Lucas Oil divisional events , and NHRA National event level in a diesel.

I did this 6 years ago. I entered and competed in Super Street , a 10.90 index class , Super Gas , a 9,90 index class , and Super Comp a 8.90 class . This is well documented, here is the 8.72 pass at the NHRA national event in Dallas

also notice 8.70's with no smoke and if you notice on a Pro.500 tree, the big red eye is on , so a diesel can hit the tree .

kind of cool the wheels are in the air , in reality its mt fault , I had the front shocks too tight ,

DALLASRACE0439-514.jpg

Time slips don't lie
timeslip3.jpg

Here is me a year before at the NHRA Vegas National event
dscn0527.jpg

Here is the first time that a race vehicle has driven in the gate at a NHRA National Event and raced, and it was a diesel. Here I am with Project X Diesel at the NHRA Mile High Nationals in Denver. I drove 782 miles from Texas and raced

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Here is the video, on this pass, I had the prototype of NX’s progressive controller, and it did not like the altitude, a problem that was fixed, the next pass. The nitrous did not come on until 300 feet down the track didnt et well, but did run 121 mph in Denver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ4XyGdXa-4&feature=related

Back