6.16 @120 MPH then BOOM

We haven't pulled anything apart yet. The outside of the trans case is still in tact, but it has a blanket and flexplate shield so we can't see what the case really looks like.

I hate to hear that happen to anyone. But I am glad everyone came away from it safe, that could’ve went really bad.

What caused the fireball?

Glad Todd is okay, that carnage is insane. Those guys sure dont give up. :Cheer:

Makes me want to go give my electric pedal a kiss. :bow:

Imagine how bad of a fire it would have been if it was gasoline, or e85 fueled. Atleast we have a non volital fuel. If that's how you spell that. Glad he was safe.

What's yall's plan going forward Will?

any non face place video links?

The link blackmega posted can be viewed without having a FB account.

Hate for this to happen to any one. But it sure seems like a it could have been much worse. Glad Todd is uninjured. Can’t wait to see what y’all brew up for going forward. I sure enjoy the YouTube videos.

Think I’ll check on my life insurance policy today. Make sure everything is in tip top shape.

Makes you think about the emergency kills that bodacious was trying to sell, supposedly no chance they can fail. Cant help but think a working kill would have saved all this carnage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Just floating some pics over from IG

ca237e8a33ceda9d74a2f8a89b354e54.jpg

5b133c2e0935cdc3905a8645d4fd6275.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steel hood acted as the “block cables”. If this thing had a fiberglass clip the motor would’ve been skidding down the track. The Motor had to be as high as the hood is bent at some point, a decent two to three feet!

I can see the little electric solenoid for the air kill, I wonder if it's not strong enough to be able to close at full pressure, whatever huge amount that set of triples was making at the runaway.

Steel hood acted as the “block cables”. If this thing had a fiberglass clip the motor would’ve been skidding down the track. The Motor had to be as high as the hood is bent at some point, a decent two to three feet!

I was going to say the same thing!!! Good thing they had a steel hood for sure... Even if the upper part of the engine did not end up on the track it could have ended up on, in or through the windshield if there were no hood or a race weight fiberglass hood.

Block cables might be a very good idea for the sanctioning bodies to consider for the safety of the drivers and fans alike...

:hehe: I would keep that as it is and make it a display piece....

Holy phuck!! :aiwebs_016::aiwebs_016::aiwebs_016:

What was the setup? Was that with the 16mm pump? And was that on the nitrous also?

Last edited:
:hehe: I would keep that as it is and make it a display piece....

Holy phuck!! :aiwebs_016::aiwebs_016::aiwebs_016:

What was the setup? Was that with the 16mm pump? And was that on the nitrous also?

As far as I can gather there was no nitrous used. 16mm pump, basic same setup as UCC without all the mix and matched parts to make it run right.

Whoever wants the hood and blown up tire they are in a trash can somewhere at RMR

As far as I can gather there was no nitrous used. 16mm pump, basic same setup as UCC without all the mix and matched parts to make it run right.

Whoever wants the hood and blown up tire they are in a trash can somewhere at RMR

WOW, I would have thought that they would take those back to the shop as trophies and hang them on the wall...

That is insane- glad Todd is okay. Gets brass balls of the year award for sure.

Back