View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 04:11 PM   #42
DieselWrencher

Name: DieselWrencher
Title: 6cyl Vette
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signature600 View Post
Yes, absolutely...no Regen as we have no filter. Now, the small sub 80hp tractors have DPF with regen since it is less stuff for the operator/consumer. Also, on the little bitty engines, he have had ZERO issues with the DPF/Regen system EXCEPT the customers not being able to load them heavy enough to make them regen automatically, so we have to manually enable the regen.

Our Versatile tractors use Cummins engines with DPF and Passive regeneration only at the moment...I believe in the next few months those will be switching to SCR and DPF which will probably be a disaster since it's Cummins.

The only other product we have that does have a DPF is the Fendt tractor...Deutz engine with SCR and DPF, but I am not around enough of them to know exactly how much if any trouble they have....From talking to the customers and other dealers, it's very close to Zero. Fednt will not use it if it hurts their reliability, as that is one of their biggest selling features...they are high technology and still VERY reliable. I do know our good friends in Alberta do some deletes on their Fendt and MF tractors due to the cold weather...the DEF line heaters short out with a lot of use in cold weather, and when it's below freezing for half the years they have trouble with them...couple that with the fact that there are very few farmers with heated shops in Alberta, and they just delete them when they're new.

I sure hope we don't go back to LP in tractors...I don't want to have an LP tank...They did that crap back in the 50's-70's and they ran good, but logistically it had to be a real pain...

Chris
We have DEF heaters go out all the time and create havoc all year. Not just winter. I loved how they put right on the label of DEF about how it won't freeze when it first came out. Right. Just give that a try and see how it works out. None of our road tractors park outside and the heaters don't work until the engine is running. So at least 3 of our trucks will not run on their own for longer than 5 minutes without a driver restarting them every 5 minutes until the DEF is thawed and can circulate. We only have 8 road tractors here and 6 of them are emissions trucks now) Usually I have to go down there and use a heater, warm the tanks up, and hopefully when they get to a long stop, they don't let them set for ever and freeze. I'm all for not retiring our old FLD's now! They should have just started restoring them. Haha
1972 K30 Longhorn P-Pumped 24v 47RH Compounds

Last edited by DieselWrencher; 10-04-2017 at 04:13 PM.