View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 10:26 PM   #68
not enoughsmoke

Name: not enoughsmoke
Title: floatin in tha gulf
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWrencher View Post
Nice work. It's really coming together! The house roof looks great too. That would be really nice to have a clean area separate from the shop to do work in. Those little electric heaters do work pretty well. I put one in one bay of my building and it does alright for what I ask of it. Haha
thanks is taking a while, the roof turned out amazing i cant believe they did it in 1 day either. I have been really impressed with how much heat it puts out for as small as it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroked 450 View Post
Looking good, defiantly like the house roof.
Haven't got much done on my lately, All of the 240 volt wiring is done, both welder plugs, air compressor, heat/AC. Some of the 120 volt plugs are wired, the rest are mounted but still have some conduit to run before wiring.
Medal is on all of the walls but have to finish conduit and air piping before the ceiling goes up.
Had one setback that I wasn't expecting, had bought a nice Quincy QT5 compressor a few years back from a vol tech school that they said had recent pump work (it had fresh paint), with the wiring installed I pulled the compressor from the shed it's been setting in and wired it up, oil level was good, oil looked good, belt tension ok. Flipped the switch and rattle, rattle, rattle, shut it off, pulled the pump apart to find the low pressure rod spun and the crank trashed, pump is junk, looks like I gave $450 for a air tank, closed the doors and kicked gravel the whole 200 ft to the house, well the last 50 ft was in the yard which is good or I might have broke a window out.
that really sucks i have had the same luck in the past
i am glad too hear your shop is coming along.
1968 Fastback GT
2003 F150
1994 F350 IDIT
1988 F350 IDIT
2003 Dodge 2500
1999 F250 Powerstroke
1993 F250 Fummins
1979 F350