View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 01:28 PM   #1
Hardtailxxx

Name: Hardtailxxx
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Post Allison 1000 Shift Kits

I did alot of research before hand and heard only negative comments, so I thought I would post my thoughts on the Bully Dog shift kits now that I have done the installation of both their kits on my rig. I started with the Super Aggressive Kit on my '03 GMC and It was nothing short of SUPER AGGRESSIVE! I thought I would pop u-joints just driving around town, but when you actually are laying in to it from a light you couldn't ask for anything better from a tire chirping kit that installs in under an hour for a hundred bucks. It gives you an "unrefined I'm in gear, hold on feeling". Now, don't get me wrong, I love doing all the best mods and nailing down on it from a light and wasting the kid in his daddy's 'Vette, but to each his own. All in all, the Super Aggressive kit is too much to be streetable in my opinion, but if you are a sled pulling stocker or racing I can see its use. After I found the Super Aggressive kit to be less than streetable, I installed the Shift Enhancer kit. It is exactly that, a enhancer, it would be right between stock and the Super Aggressive kit by the seat of the pants feel giving a more firm, quicker than stock, positive shift. Based on this I would think the shift enhancer kit is probably what 75% of the people out there with the daily driven LB7's would want- towing, crusing, controled street racing and at the least staying streetable. I am always in search of better upgrades and ways, so I thought I would try the shift kits myself. Any body else have thoughts about it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P8270075.JPG (49.4 KB, 31 views)