View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 08:07 AM   #8
Huntingman27062

Name: Huntingman27062
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFP12valve View Post
i like the idea of a 6.2 better than the 6.5 motor myself. BUT, you can probably get a good 4bt or even a VE pumped 6bt for 1500 bucks. i think the 6.2 is a good reliable motor, they aren't a powerhouse and your not gonna crush the dyno, but they do get good economy and they have wicked torque and throttle response due to the compression ratio
ive read up on the 4bt but you cant find them for no $1500... im a big craigslist, searchtempest, and ebayer and they all are around like $3k to $4k with 200k on the odo... this make them crappy candidates for a swap in something im gonna roll a few times and then probly have to buy another and swap everthing over to a fresh body... XJ'sare unibody so even with a cage they tend to crack here and there... and a 6bt just isnt going to fit...

im not looking for 1/4 mile power... im looking for reliablity when im 50 miles deep in the woods... decent fuel milage is always nice... and if something does go wrong i need something i can carry minimum parts and repair in the field... also need it to fit without cutting the firewall all out and rebuilding.... this leads me to the 6.2 and 6.5 only... thats why i asked about these 2 motors and not the 4bt or any other motor... just trying to find out how much more difficult it would be to swap the 6.5 over the 6.2... thanks!
2003H.O. 4 door 4x4 long bed, H1 2 Piece steel wheels/37's, Garmens Tranny And TC, Intake/Stacks/Guards/Rain Caps, Boost Elbow, Fuel Pressure/EGT's/Boost gauges, In Tank Pump Conversion (yuck but i didnt pay for it), Industrial Injection Stage I CP3, and MP-8...