View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 06:34 PM   #15
CTDYoungGun

Name: CTDYoungGun
Title: Seth- Fuel Injection Guy
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT-Torque View Post
As I mentioned before, under certain conditions I would agree with your statement. For instance on a street truck that would see less than 4000 rpm I don't see any benefit. For trucks that see higher rpms, every restriction in the system needs addressed to get all that fuel into the cylinder in the short timeframe available.

Directly from the Bosch manual, "The valve body has a small bore the size of which is dimensioned to suit the application so as to achieve, firstly, the desired flow RESTRICTION and, secondly, to prevent reflection of pressure waves as much as possible."
Well said Jesse, I've had numerous Bosch techs and teachers tell me that style dv holder is for reducing the damaging force (shock wave) sent back through the injection line created when the injector closes.

Also, our shop uses the "open" style dv holder on pretty much all 13mm or larger builds. It's not the fuel gain we are targeting, our goal is keeping the entire injection system flowing like it should without any bottlenecks. Although we've seen as much as 50cc gains on 13mm pumps just by going from 6mm to 8mm dv's, so I'm sure the holder would hinder max fuel flow at some point.

Injecting 600ish cc's in as little as 12* engine rotation at 4000rpm and more demands a well flowing system. Power gains and pump longevity are key for our shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokem View Post
I have the parts gathered waiting to be tested, let's see what the test stand has to say.
I'm sure you've already thought of this, but if a sensor could be used (if it even exists) that could measure the pressure in the cavity above the dv (inside the holder) and then compare to another pressure sensor in the end of the injection line to see what, if any, pressure changes could be noted. It would be more beneficial to know in my opinion than a fuel delivery difference.

Last edited by CTDYoungGun; 05-04-2010 at 06:41 PM.