View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 10:59 AM   #12
Justappumped24v

Name: Justappumped24v
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrider2911 View Post
So in your "professional" opinion you are going to try to tell me that fluid temperature has absolutely no bearing on shift points? You do know how the mechanical governor works right? If I wanted my transmission to shift like stock there wouldn't be any reason to upgrade at all, I don't want it to shift like stock. I have already swapped to v10 governor springs and done some other modifying there to raise my shift points. I am also maxed out on line pressure with my modified Transgo shift kit, everyone (or at least I though everyone) knows that on a 47rh maxes out at about 175psi and will also cause early low throttle shifts but super late on throttle shifts due to how the throttle pressure and kickdown pressure circuit is designed. Nothing wrong with my lockup at all, it locks and unlocks like it was designed to... but I along with many others do not like how it is designed to operate; hence why so many people add a torque converter lockup switch. If I thought I would be happy with how a vendor would program my truck to shift, then I would be going that route.
I would not say my transmission shifted like stock, it was extremely firm and at a very late high rpm shift. I didn’t build it, just had a shop do it. I do believe they changed the lever on the throttle valve to adjust the proportion. Does fluid temp effect a mechanical circuit yes, I work in hydraulics, yes I can trace a schematic, yes I understand how this works... however, I do truly Believe you are trying to re invent the wheel here. It’s been done, and proven, while you keep trying to redo it. Swallow the humble pie and get it professionally done. As I stated before that trans was in negative 30 and 110 temps. Did just fine.