View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 11:17 AM   #18
Redrider2911

Name: Redrider2911
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justappumped24v View Post
I would not say my transmission shifted like stock, it was extremely firm and at a very late high rpm shift. I didn’t build it, just had a shop do it. I do believe they changed the lever on the throttle valve to adjust the proportion. Does fluid temp effect a mechanical circuit yes, I work in hydraulics, yes I can trace a schematic, yes I understand how this works... however, I do truly Believe you are trying to re invent the wheel here. It’s been done, and proven, while you keep trying to redo it. Swallow the humble pie and get it professionally done. As I stated before that trans was in negative 30 and 110 temps. Did just fine.
I am a professional..... At modifying things to work how I want. If you haven't gathered already, I don't just want a extremely firm and high RPM shift. I am by no means attempting to recreate the wheel. I want control of line pressure rise independent of shift RPM rise. I want the torque converter to automatically lock in 2nd, unlock for the shift to 3rd, lock again, unlock for the shift to 4th, and then lock again. And like wise, I want it to do the same on downshifts when on the brakes. I want a couple presets I can change between so that when I go to the track the torque converter will lock in second and stay locked through the shifts to 3rd and 4th and then unlock when I hit the brakes for the downshift back to 3rd at the end of the track and then proceed like described above. Like I said, and Chris has said; the Dodge transmssions shift logic has left a lot to be desired. Additionally, no vendor (as far as I have found) offers that kind of shift logic for the Dodge transmissions which is astonishing to me. And even if they did, the cost would probably be so high that I would rather make the system myself for 1/4 the cost.
49 Willys Pickup. 5600lb. 11.8sec @115mph 1/4. 12 valve. MegaSquirted 47RH. 3.54 posi rear. 35" tires. 64mm HE351ve, S475 (75/96/1.32), A/W Intercooler. AFC mods. 5x16s. 191 DVs, 180 pump. 23*. 85psi. Build Thread

Last edited by Redrider2911; 12-12-2017 at 11:25 AM.