View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 03:30 PM   #1
Hammer M

Name: Hammer M
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
changing a 47re trans for 47rh

Hello I have a 96 2500 4x4 with the v10 and a bad 47re transmission, I picked up a wrecked 95 2500 4x4 with v10 and I'm told a 47rh transmission. Right out of the gate here I am no mechanic, so please dumb it down on technical terms when responding. I had a "Mechanic" trade out the transmissions and everything went fine until it was time to plug the wiring harness from the valve body back in, which was different, so the guy had me pull the valve body from the 47re to change out and put into the 47rh which seemed reasonable but he then told me that my drive line is going to have to shortened and he has a guy that is very good but it is about $350.00 which doesn't seem bad since it comes with a warranty and such, so I started reading up on these transmissions and understand that the OD case is longer on the 47rh which in turn makes my drive shaft to long now. My questions are 1. is it possible to switch out the OD casing from my old 47re to the 47rh? 2. I have the valve body and harness out of the 47re, so is this VB going to bolt up and wire up ok the the 47rh? I know I will have some more questions but for now this is a start. Thanks