View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 11:47 AM   #41
takedown95

Name: takedown95
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones95runner View Post
What's sad is where are pretty much right back where we were 5 years ago, with the exception of the 3000+ hp ss trucks

2.5/2.6 smooth is the old 2.6 class. 9-1000hp+ air cooler on dots

3.0 smooth is the old 3.0 mwe air/water 1300hp+ gutted bed odl on dots

3.6 is basically ss power levels of that era, 1800hp+ on cut tires.

What have we gained by this? Not jack crap besides running a bunch of people off that started this sport because they got tired of the change. You see very few pullers today that have been around for longer than 3-4 years.
I don't disagree but I have seen them work to eliminate some of the "gray" areas in the rules and try to make the classes closer to tractor classes. That seems to be a successful formula in most states. I am guessing they hate dealing with the rule changes and loop holes as much as anyone.

I think moving to SB turbos and tire/chassis (single tire-stock, duals-ODL, bar-ODL-Tube) distinction between classes is a good thing. It's sad they chased some of the founding years members out but hopefully this will bring more in.

As technology changed and ways to make HP increased it was bound to have an impact on the rules. The entire diesel industry has grown as a result. I did an economic analysis on the aftermarket diesel part industry from 2000-2017 and the growth was amazing. With that growth will come headaches but overall I think it's a good thing.