Lift pump upgrade

runwhatyabrung

Currently have a upgraded lift pump from Eric @ Hungrey (thanks Eric) and wondering if i should reseal IP before I install for fear of leaking with the additional fuel pressure.

TIA

Is it worth 265$ ? I'm building a 92 up for a guy with money burning a hole in his pocket. Not 600$ for a lift pump though.

I believe he meant $600 for an electric lift pump and filter setup.

I have a piston lift pump on the bench to install on my 12v. Saw that Eric sells the exact spring needed which I will purchase. Anyone know the inlet fitting size for this piston pump?

Yes I meant he's not looking to put a fass on his 92.

So Eric will sell just the spring and you can put it in a 2nd gen lift pump and be good to go?

That pump part number that David posted on your thread Schmitty is oem Cummins on eBay for $70. If you’re wanting the most out of your ve I’d look at a walbro 392 or a1000. The THD pump will still pull down to about 2 psi on WOT.

Thanks for the link I ended up just going to his website and finding it lol.

Well I'd say this build is going to be primarily a daily driver that is fun when you put the pedal down , break the tires loose. Is a 392 safe to run without staking
The seal ? And can I use a 392 or another electric pusher with his stock lift pump or the modified 2nd gen pump ? I know there's point where you can push fuel in past the seal on a 1st gen lift pump

I would say go with the piston pump if you are keeping stock injectors or maybe a slight upgrade. Anything bigger and it won’t hold fuel pressure

We'll research the walboro 392. I'm running a eBay 160 gph Holley copy with a modified oem lift pump on my 95'. Still pulls it down to the high 20s /low 30s from idling/cruising at 50+ psi fuel pressure. I know the ve doesn't like the higher pressures

Back