Promaxx Billet Rods

Not that I’ve built a 3k hp engine, but I would think with 4 bolts holding the cap on. ARP 2000’s are more than enough clamp force without the possibility of hydrogen embrittlement.

People are going to have problems with the bolts and trash them, I'm sure.

One of the big name tractor engine builders uses this same design, different material but two l19s per side. The 540light pro I help utilizes such n is problem free at over 3k hp

One of the big name tractor engine builders uses this same design, different material but two l19s per side. The 540light pro I help utilizes such n is problem free at over 3k hp

They’re good, no doubt. There’s just a little bit of a stigma around that material (usually due to apparent mishandling). I run l19 bolts and a couple people have acted like I was using glass.

I like seeing “new” products come out, I just wish there were more people trying new things.

Wagler uses L19 1/2" bolts made by ARP.
Apex has two options: ARP made L19 7/16" or upgrade to ARP made 625 7/16".
Haisley's upgraded stock Cummins rod bolts are made by ARP and are 7/16" L19 material.
Carrillo uses 7/16" rod bolts not made by ARP with two material options.

Long story short, if you're afraid of L19 for an internal oil-soaked engine part that was produced in a controlled environment, you probably shouldn't leave your house in the morning because you're more likely to die in a car accident than suffer an engine failure due to L19 rod bolts....

Yes, I agree, the rod pricing war has begun!

Back