Hey Milliken....

I dont intend on doing anything to the leaf springs, perhaps i'll do something with the coil springs up front to handle the sprung weight a little better while I have the iron block in it, Aluminum block should weigh pretty damn close as to what the aluminum big block weighed.

Aluminum weighs 168lbs per cubic foot, cast iron weighs 442lbs per cubic foot... by this math if my solid iron block weighs 430lbs, then my billet aluminum solid block should weigh roughly 163lbs. Cummins crank shaft weighs 125lbs, add the rest of the rotating assembly, front cover, two injection pumps, billet aluminum head and intake, steel exhaust manifold and a GT50, we should be in the ball park of what the power plant we took out weighed total (760lbs).

I wonder how the weight distribution between a V8+procharger hanging off the front vs. an I6+turbo on the side is? It may be negligible, but I'm thinking about weight in front of the axle centerline and how that will affect the launch.

If you have a minute or to can you put some pictures up of the suspension setup. Im getting ready to do a radial leaf spring d150 and am lost in the sauce with where to go with this thing.

If you have a minute or to can you put some pictures up of the suspension setup. Im getting ready to do a radial leaf spring d150 and am lost in the sauce with where to go with this thing.

That might be Secret...... Milliken will send you dick pics, but has to draw the line somewhere LOL

I'll send pics is just leaf springs on sliders with cal trac style traction bars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'll never turn down some d*ck pics. Everything ive seen is pretty much sliders and caltracs. Its just amazing something so simple can hook so well. I'm interested to see how the leaf springs handle the torque.

I'm retarded and can't make this simple **** work.

Attachments

• IMG_6304.jpg
    IMG_6304.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6306.jpg
    IMG_6306.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6307.jpg
    IMG_6307.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6313.jpg
    IMG_6313.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
i__ve_got_wood_by_mr_tetanus.jpg

quite the stack. I am by no means anywhere near smart enough to speak with authority, but i thought most systems were 4 pump based, and not quite as.... long. Just a different way of going about it, or are you testing someones secret sauce?

Can't imagine the sick feeling a guy got when a grinder was touched to that car... Made my stomach turn just seeing the marks.

Back