Anyone work with extreme studs .com?

Call him and he would gladly answer. He was very knowledgable about it.

Threads are cut on fine side and rolled on course side also to add.

Seems to be a great deal for studs.

I received an email from him this morning. Looks like they will do bigger studs for 24v also. He kinda dodged my question about what material was used though.

Heres his email reply

Eric, we can make 9/16 or 14 mm for a 24v, but you will have to do some machining to make them fit, they would be $675.00.* Hi tensile fine grain alloy.

I listed the alloy on the prior page.

It's h13

They sound like a great company to deal with and have at least good material. I'm thinking on giving them a shot. He did say that for anyone that orders main studs, head studs, and rod bolts call directly and save 20% off. Sounds much better that way even.

Last edited:
You thinking about testing them Brandon?

I bet you can get a single one for a small fee and do that. Hell I really didn't think about that. If they don't answer i will look into it.
Yep. I have stretch data from the very first ARP's made and can get 625 singles to test. Curious.

Well how would a H13 material hold up? I know all dependent on heat treating but I will ask him. What diameter and length do you want?

I looked in the materials engineering database at school and found some values. I need more info than the basics of what each site says but:

Custom Age 625 Cold Drawn Plus Aging: 269,000 psi. Looks right on track with ARP site.

AISI Type H13 Hot Work Tool Steel: 289,000 psi.

H13 looks extremely strong, 7% stronger than 625. My personal opinion I wouldn't hesitate to use it...the block threads are probably more likely to deform than the stud. Site says black oxide finish for corrosion resistance.

The studs i sell are from extreme, jeff and i have been working pretty close to get the studs perfect. Ive sold several sets to probly non forum members and installed numerous sets locally.. They all have been working great. They have been holding 70+ lbs of boost on my truck and 50+ on many customers trucks. Alligator performance actually contacted me this week to possibly start selling/distributing them. Im pretty sure everyone is sick of the arp backorder.

That's exactly what I was hoping for when it came to the two selling at same price. That's awesome. Sounds like you found a good company to deal with.

Jeff really knows his studs LOL

i was getting tired of the 6+ calls a day looking for head studs and looking for a replacement.

thinking of getting a set to test out and see how they do, we have a mild VP truck that we could use for testing.

we only do 625's in the 6.7's and occasional 5.9 build

Mild? Lol I love those words.

They do seem to be a good solution to the back order prone 625s and for someone wanting more than a cheaper 12mm without going through the hassle of running a 14mm. I'm leaning towards a 12mm due to water jacket issues that sometimes arise with the 14s on a street engine that pushes the envelope.

His turbo website makes me question ordering anything from him. There's a thread about the turbo site on here not sure if their actually the same company.

Back