Old 12-27-2016, 01:05 PM   #10
SmokinCAT

Name: SmokinCAT
Title: Cheap and Easy.
Member`s Gallery
[quote=Dutchy93;2592311]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRam96 View Post
What truck is this motor in. If you have the plumbing and have a model of truck that eventually came with an N14 from the factory, I would say most certainly put an air to air charge cooler on the motor and get rid of the intercooler. The intercooler will theoretically only cool the charge air to the engine water temperature. An air to air charge cooler has the capability of cooling the charge air much cooler than that.

Definitely try to find an HT60. You will see gains for the turbo alone but you will need to do some plumbing work. But if you're going to go to an air to air charge cooler you'll be doing that any way.

SmokinCAT is the guru here for setting this engine up.[/QUOTE

The truck is a 1990 9400 international. again i havent really gone into the truck completely yet but i planned on measuring the gap between the rad/ hood to see what i had to work with for an intercooler. I dont mind the work to move the rad back a few inches to squeeze an intercooler in if need be, the AC isnt even hooked up so i wouldnt mind giving it the boot either to make room. Just hoped to maybe get an opinion from someone who has done it or hasnt with a hot 400 and if the bang is worth the buck. Thanks again fellas
That era truck it would be good to find the engine cooling system parts you need to convert to high flow and then you could also drop a radiator and air to air in the truck from a cat powered truck from the era.