1st gen Cummins engine for sale, 47RH, TC

Raziel

Uraraka
Located in Hackettstown, NJ.
Up for grabs is my cummins engine.
I was trying to cram it into a jaguar body, but the project is impossible for many reasons and i'm too broke at the moment (and for the forseeable future) to continue sinking money into it.

I ripped it out of a bread truck from Kucharski salvage in Independence, NJ.
I got it home, got it down to the head. Did headgasket, timing cover gasket, oil pan, front and rear mains, oil cooler gaskets, valve covers, intake, and all exhaust gaskets. Has a gear reduction starter which is also brand new, and a billet side cover so the pushrod cover won't leak. Did fuel pin mod and 3K spring as well.

NJDRP got it running last year in August. It sat there until 3 weeks ago when I got it back.

I have no work space for this project. I can't continue working out side and I've lost interest anyway.
Price does not include the huge turbo I got off a cat inline 6 at the salvage yard. but i can include it if interested.
I haven't gotten it to run, though it turns over.

Also up for grabs is a 47RH transmission, and a Transtar triple disc torque converter. Everything can be sold all together for 3000. Killer deal.
The truck had 47,640 on the odometer when I got the engine, so it's really practically brand new.
Trans was running when pulled.

torque converter never left the box it was shipped in.
This is a 1990 cummins, so it was non-intercooled and has the good stock injectors as well.

Shoot me an offer. I have an engine crane at my yard and can hoist it into your truck, van or whatever.

Open to trades as well. A Diesel mercedes, integra, or a prelude would be cool. Anything stick shift im interested in for sure.
AIKtzmG.jpg

XYeN2HH.jpg

yXEgEBM.jpg

y8PGH6N.jpg

OBweO68.jpg

X7TelJd.jpg

tD3OLFN.jpg

z7dVBo1.jpg

O6VS3Ej.jpg

ez26T9L.jpg

My loss is your gain.

Last edited:
If you’re looking for a sale, I can tell you what these motors go for. In complete running condition I’ve bought and sold them anywhere from 500-1000 across the southeast and Midwest. I think $1000 is a fair price for a running VE motor. Glws

its not just running, it's got mostly new gaskets. even down to the oil filter housing gasket..

Back