'94 short wheel base 2wd street/race truck build

Did a test pass last night. Brakes are good for stopping but I'm not able to stage more than about 15psi on them. I need a trans brake or pinion brake. Timing lights screwed up so I didnt get a time. Ran it at 28* timing and 500cc fuel. Truck felt strong after the soft launch but needs 6-8* more timing, it was throwing a flame out of the stack with 4k rpm shifts. Didnt realize the manifold turbo housing had blown out until after the run. Planning to swap to a t4 manifold and s400 manifold turbo.

Got a 472sxe on the way for new manifold turbo. 72/87 1.10 T4. Gated manifold but not going to put a gate on unless I need to.

No update yet. Waiting on t4 exhaust manifold and a 3.5" vband so I can put my compounds back together with that s472sxe on the manifold. Going with a twin caliper pinion brake for holding at launch.

You have more info on this? Building your own or is there a company that makes a kit? Does it tie into the factory hydraulics or have its own system?

Building my own, couldn't find a Dana 80 kit anywhere. I actually don't have any factory hydraulics left. Going with separate hydraulics and a hand lever for the pinion brake.

Got the turbos back together with the 472sxe on the manifold. Pulled the axle out so I can sandblast it and have more room to work. Wasn't happy with working underneath the truck on a greasy old axle. Ended up making a custom rotor for the pinion brake, still waiting on the wilwood 4 piston caliper I am going to use. Since I had axle out anyway I cut off the factory shock mounts and I'm going to put new mounts on the rear of the axle for a set of single adjustable shocks. I've got a hand lever for the pinion brake, mounting it on trans tunnel so I can let it go and hop right over to the shifter.

Pics

Attachments

• 3533.jpeg
    3533.jpeg
    193.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 3534.jpeg
    3534.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 3535.jpeg
    3535.jpeg
    148.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 3053.jpeg