View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 03:47 PM   #936
tall boy

Name: tall boy
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiffi View Post
I have used +30% nozzles in my working truck unit pumps for about 500000 km now, they were not extruded but hydro grinded like nozzle manufacturers do because it is cheaper and faster, but causes problems after 30% because of wrong type of erosion. Extrude Honing makes it possible to do bigger.

Ask S&S Motorsport, they did ISX XPI injectors some time ago, they are same as Scanias.

Celect M11 had problems with shifter, and it used stock nozzles..
ISX XPI the same. No not even close to Scania ones but we will see as we have to validate them both soon. Still waiting to the ISX ones in and if the Scania nozzle will fit and has the same spay angle it could be they done a load of work for nothing. My first estimation is they are 33% bigger original out of the box as ISX and if you can count to 10 you know why.

Leiffi we test some of the fuel systems before they go in to production and we get to know first hand what it takes to make them works well. Makes you think twice before going stupid.
All the nozzle we used so far are OEM production ones used on off highway and ship engines and they are all made with Micro-EDM, hydro-grinding, and some are silly expensive ass for low number of production but we are up agents factory teams spending loads of money on R&D so how can we win from them? Simple we are independent and are able to combine things/brands and build the perfect engine even down to the level reducing PTO losses as a CR fuel pump consumes a load of power as well so you start concentrating on reducing return fuel from the injectors for example.