New truck project

Pretty good runs, does look to be falling off a little on the topend with the 102mph 1/8th vs 126 mph quarter. Play with your gate tuning and timing till you find another 2 or 3 mph on the big end.

Truck did 110 in the 1/8th this weekend. Only change was track. It went faster but with no clear reason why

Well I have been slowly working on the truck and getting small things done. I have had a wet stacking problem that would cover the truck in fuel/soot. Changed fuel and that went away. Got a new exhaust housing for the manifold turbo to help drive pressure. Switching to solid mounts and vibrant clamps to help with the boot problem. Did these myself out of 6061. Hoping to be racing this weekend
4f08adcdca90de623c7153d7e0f949c0.jpg
f8dfbf86ecf32eecdea90091259db12a.jpg

Just a light press fit on the mounts? I need to do something with my mounts. Friggin thing moves all over under power. Using the Wiggins/vibrant clamps?

Just a light press fit on the mounts? I need to do something with my mounts. Friggin thing moves all over under power. Using the Wiggins/vibrant clamps?

It's a pretty heavy press fit. I shrank it .006 in a freezer and it still had to use a press to get it in. Very happy with the fit. And yes using vibrants clamps. They are awesome

One way to keep em in place! lol! Got mine back together. Dyno this weekend and hopefully track time soon. Keep at it with the dinosaur power!

One way to keep em in place! lol! Got mine back together. Dyno this weekend and hopefully track time soon. Keep at it with the dinosaur power!

The dyno does nothing for me. My truck makes 80psi in the dyno and 130 at the track

I've seen over 100 on the street. Truck hasn't been to an event in a few years. Ready to get it out is all.

Well I have been asked a few times about making a few more sets of engine mount inserts for these engines. Would anyone here be interested in a set? Should be around 200 shipped depending on what I get material for.
68f093b37d0ab39e8e29b30cd6efd0b9.jpg
deb372bb80fd1ebbdbe5458f023d5657.jpg

The new ones should have a taper from the mount forward down to bolt area for more clearance.
Let me know

Well I got to go to the track again last night. To learn a bit about the truck and made its first all out no problems 1/4 mile pass
77468fcd81dcac9fbc753cb7d1faadf8.jpg

The pass before I lifted at the 1/8 and still coasted to a 10.7 at 101 from running a 110 in the 1/8th. Truck makes power for a 12mm 215 pump.
It kinda set in last night how fast the truck actually was when it was a pain to get stopped from 137. (My fault I wasn't on the brakes at all at the 1/4)

Would those mounts cause issues on a truck that gets driven to work a couple times a week? I'm pretty sure I could deal with the vibration.

Would those mounts cause issues on a truck that gets driven to work a couple times a week? I'm pretty sure I could deal with the vibration.

I don't know 100% but i don't see why they would cause problems. The only thing I could see is a vibration and I don't notice it in my truck

I don't know 100% but i don't see why they would cause problems. The only thing I could see is a vibration and I don't notice it in my truck

I would think you would want to make sure the trans could move a little?? My drag car with mid and front plate has a trans support bracket but is not bolted down tight. I first thought they had come loose and cracked a nice stock power glide tail housing upon the tightening ignorance.

I would think you would want to make sure the trans could move a little?? My drag car with mid and front plate has a trans support bracket but is not bolted down tight. I first thought they had come loose and cracked a nice stock power glide tail housing upon the tightening ignorance.

My travs isn't solid. So wouldn't know lol

Back