Thread: Budget Beater!
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 11:12 AM   #43
TTR 21

Name: TTR 21
Title: Human Spear
Member`s Gallery
I found some paper work the other day hidden in the glove box and found some good info on the truck. Found the original window sticker, complete list of head work and trany work that had been done as well. The first owner of the truck was a construction company back east who used the truck to tow a fifth wheel. Apparently the trans went out on them about 40k ago and they cracked the original head on it 50k ago. The bill on the head work including a new head, headgasket and other miscellaneous things came out to about 8 grand. The trany work came out to a little over 2 grand. Doesn't say what they did to the trany but they must have done something more than a stock rebuild because I got alittle brave yesterday and decided to play with all the new go fast parts I finally installed last week. Well needless to say the trans has held so far but slips bad in between shifts. It will however break the tires loose at 80mph on wet roads. This trany won't last long but will be fun for a little while until I head to Ultimate Transmission in two weeks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk