Name: Bodacious
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

Arch Stalnaker <bodacious5.9@stalnakerservices.com>

AttachmentsAug 29

to Quinton

Ok Fellas,

I ain't much of a writer so I figured I'd just do the short bio thing via e-mail.

I was the last of four born to a dirt poor blue collar family not more than an 1/8th mile up the road from where I laid down my roots right here in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. We may not have had a whole lot of money, but I don't remember wanting for anything. We always farmed and still do today. I am very proud of my Mom and Dad's accomplishments. As a child, I was always the kid the parents hid the good toys from when I came over. Seems everyone in the family encouraged my dream as I was often the one called for repairs. I have three wonderful older sisters. We all knew how to change our own oil, diagnose problems, and usually make our own repairs. Yes, this includes my sisters.

I joined the Army National Guard in High School. At that time they offered 80% of tuition plus the GI bill. My brother in-law, Rex Bound, gave me the courage to enroll in college. After two drop outs at what was then WVTech, I finally finished my four year degree in five years. I also had a wife and kid by the time I graduated. I had big aspirations in high school of becoming a mechanical engineer and living in Detroit while helping Ford Motor Company stay ahead of the competition. The Army changed all that for me. After a couple weeks at Fort Dix, NJ, I knew I would never leave home again. I did however successfully obtain a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering Technology from Fairmont State University.

I am pretty sure my Dad secretly planted the "Hot Rod" seed years ago and has regretted it every since. He and my uncles owned some fine Detroit iron back in the day. I tore myself up in a dirt bike crash back in Jr. High School and was down for six weeks with a knee brace. My dad gave me an old Montgomery Ward riding lawn mower to tinker with while I healed up. He had also taught me how to fabricate (Farm Fab) throughout my life so I went to work on the mower with my bum knee . I swapped the driven and drive pulleys by cutting out the centers with a torch and filing, grinding, and welding until I had wildly changed the ratios. This completely unsafe (especially with a destroyed knee) heap would frigg'n fly!!!! My dad shut me down when my sisters told on me for doing burnouts on the back porch. My first large fab project was installing a small block chevy, 9" ford, cage, etc... into a 1981Chevy Chevette while attending College. My uncle was the first one in the family to buy a mig welder and he let me use it on the Chevette. I spent most of my time on Saturday nights at Eldora Raceway. Eldora was a little 1/8th mile drag strip in Fairmont, WV that closed in 1999. It is now an industrial park. The closing of the drag strip contributed greatly to the success of the mud racing scene that seemed to spawn up shortly after the closing.

I found immediate work right out of college. My wife and I's first tax return filed jointly was just over $5,000. Once working, we managed to continue living like the poor WV Hill folks we are and pretty much continue to live that way today. We just have a few more toys. lol

I could go on and on with stories and memories of growing up. I have always had the ambition to make it racing. I'm not saying I'm going make it but I wouldn't be able live with myself if I didn't give it a try. I was often teased by my older peers about being such a gearhead. They dubbed me "Archie Bernstein". So now we have Stalnaker Racing Services. No one in my family is afraid of hard work so we have always been successful in some form or fashion. I pretty much lived the racing scene in 2002 when we took our 598 cu. in. BBF powered 1985 Ford Ranger and set the NMRO record books on fire. The NMRO changed the rules after that season, lol, so my records remain in black and white forever. We clocked over 8500 miles in my 'ol '90 dodge cummins that race season chasing all those races. A friend helped me assemble the engine in my garage. All in all I had about $26k total in that truck and was outrunning $50k engines.

I had a "Flash of Genius" in college and designed what I thought then was a revolutionary way to valve and internal combustion engine. So with baby diapers to buy, I sent money to a patent attorney and started the patent process. A few months later I was disappointed to find out the "Stalnaker Disk Valve System (SDVS) had been invented in 1928. lol

I believe I have had another so called "Flash of Genius" and I know this one is a go. I have been buying up the latest and greatest in diesel technology the past few years and studying this tech. With what I have learned from these engines and talking with the best in the business, I believe I have an engine design that will prove itself. ...just have to get one going. lol What better place to showcase this engine than at an Ultimate Callout Challenge. Hopefully luck will prevail and we finish securely enough this year to possibly have the engine out in 2019. Crank development starts at $8k so you can see where the holdup is. lol

Find out more about us on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Bodacious5.9/ and my build thread of "Bodacious" on CompetitionDiesel.com: Ram50 - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

I also have a youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCde...RzgHyFYMpxzHjw

My wife and I are working on our website. Not much to look at yet but here is a link: Home | Stalnaker Racing Services

I present to you our entry for the UCC2018 Competition. The "Transformer Shop Truck": Shop Truck - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Don't mind the welder talk. Some of those members are pretty tough on there. lol

Here she is dressed up in her preliminary Mud Racing Association's 'Super Stock' rules. This is the third time the truck has been torn apart.

Thanks,

Arch Stalnaker "The Earth Artist" B.S.M.E.

Stalnaker & Son, L.L.C. "We move dirt and make tubes and hoses"

Stalnaker Racing Services (The home of Bodacious)

I have been watching the UCC website and I haven't seen qualifier announcements. This is what I sent in to the UCC folks. I'm doing my best to generate excitement for UCC2018. It's gonna be a dandy.

I'm also doing my best to bring folks over to compD. If I'm not wrong, the larger CompD grows, the more revenue it generates????