Tool Sharing

not enoughsmoke

floatin in tha gulf
I have worked in a lot for different shops and along the way I have found different tools that have made a lot of jobs easier as well as quality of work.
That being said i would like to see what tools everyone has used or made your shop life easier.
Furick clear Tig cups and just ordered the K2 bead roller

20160529_1111461_zps6s90orsi.jpg

Screenshot_2016-07-10-01-16-58-11_zpsy3v1hx80.png

Screenshot_2016-07-10-02-23-52-11_zpsfvjl870g.png

Just bought Bluetooth headphones to help keep me from going insane at work, does that count? :hehe:

Just bought Bluetooth headphones to help keep me from going insane at work, does that count? :hehe:
that i use one too also when mowing lol
Heated aqueous parts washer, shot blaster, CNC mill. Those make life pretty easy LOL
Heated aqueous parts washer. check
CNC mill. check
shot blaster, on the list but no shop space yet lol
FB_IMG_14554826925461_zpsmv17a57s.jpg

20151219_114534_zpsxvvrl8ak.jpg

IMAG0144_zps2a1779a0.jpg

That clear hood looks like an awesome idea! How long until it get's black and dirty?
I have used it a lil and i have not had any problems have noticed a lot better looking welds and that titanium cover slides off for added visibility.
It is not for aluminum at all

If you do any electrical diagnostic work these are cheap and worth having around.Sends a signal through the wire you select and the hand held receiver tells you where the break in the wire is. also check grounds with it.

20160715_133806_zps69ukyswi.jpg

If you do any electrical diagnostic work these are cheap and worth having around.Sends a signal through the wire you select and the hand held receiver tells you where the break in the wire is. also check grounds with it.

20160715_133806_zps69ukyswi.jpg
I saw the power probe when it came out but never tried one may have to look in to one though

The new line of snap on electric tools. The 3/8" impact is a bad mother! The ratchet's take some getting used to but I love them now.

The porter cable 1/4" impacts are all I will buy now. They are $100 on sale with two batteries, charger, and if you pay the extra $20 you get a drill too. I pulled and installed my entire 47rh on my truck with one without breaking any bolts loose except the trans cross member bolts. I've used it every day on turbos for a year now too.

The new line of snap on electric tools. The 3/8" impact is a bad mother! The ratchet's take some getting used to but I love them now.

The size combined with the power makes the 14 volt 3/8 impact really stand out, only down fall to me is when it twist off a 3/8 bolt lol. I can't get over how long the batteries last. I've had mine for two years now and can't work without it.

How new? We made our snap on dealer mad as hell with our older Milwaukee stuff.

Alpha Beta Test Monkey
Guang-Zoo Turbo Systems

The 14.4V line has been out about a year and a half or two. They keep adding tools though, The saws all was a nice addition. The last one I remember they came out with is a polisher and that was around 6 months ago. I'd like a grease gun, but they only offer that in the 18 volt system.

Besides a 1/2" impact I only use my electric impacts/ rachets. Every once in a while during a camshaft job on an LS I have to use an air ratchet to get the exhaust manifold bolts out. But that's the high mileage ones that GM decided yellow lock tite would be a good idea...

I have all 18v Dewalt nicad stuff but I don't think I could live without it at this point. They make a 20-18v adapter so I might start updating a few tools, starting with the 1/2" impact.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

How new? We made our snap on dealer mad as hell with our older Milwaukee stuff.

yep been there done that I like snap-on had tools but not the power tools. but that my opinion.
I told the local guy if he sold miller welders and not that simtronics crap they would improve sales

There is another tool that the other diesel shop used when filling up the coolant system on a 7.3 Powerstroke. It hooks up to air and pulls a vacuum on the coolant system and then you can fill the coolant with the vacuum.

Airlift maybe?

Kline makes one but it's application specific

Alpha Beta Test Monkey
Guang-Zoo Turbo Systems

Back