NHRDA 2016 Schedule

Honestly I didn't even think the world finals in Ennis, TX had that great of a turnout this year. I think more advertising would pay off.

Boy I don't know, there were a hell of a lot of people there. The vehicle turnout was down for sure.

All I know was the parking lot was full of "let's park our camper next to these folks' camper and leave our cheap-ass 85dB generator running all night" people. The folks that were there have no respect for anyone. LOL

Other than that, I thought the crowd was a pretty big turn-out, but yes, there could have been more racers...can't have enough really. ;)

Everyone is saying east coast events don't have good turn out but the Truckin Nationals at Raceway Park Englishtown NJ had more people then I've ever seen at any type of racing/show event. They had to use their other tracks as parking, stands on both sides of the track were packed to capacity while the show sections were still packed with more people. I'd love to know the head count at that event.

Believe it or not that is Englishtown's highest grossing event. It even beats out their national events. I think that says something about the attendance.

I was there to open the night show with a bang. All for them to forget to change the tree and I go red in front of everyone. Even after they were reminded twice to change it. Oh well I guess. Crowd loved it it sounded like.

Attachments

• xdp2.jpg
    xdp2.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 0
  • xdp1.jpg
    xdp1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 0
  • xdp.jpg
    xdp.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 0
I was talking to my son this past summer, he lives in Boise and was thinking about coming out to Woodburn. He wanted to race but didn't want to pay for a NHRDA membership in addition to the race fee just to participate in one race. He didn't feel that that should be an issue but I explained this is a points series and to allow non members to race in an NHRDA race would skew the points standing for member competitors. He wasn't happy with that and wasn't willing to run in the test and tune lane. This may be the reason that the non membership races draw more competitors than the NHRDA races.

I was talking to my son this past summer, he lives in Boise and was thinking about coming out to Woodburn. He wanted to race but didn't want to pay for a NHRDA membership in addition to the race fee just to participate in one race. He didn't feel that that should be an issue but I explained this is a points series and to allow non members to race in an NHRDA race would skew the points standing for member competitors. He wasn't happy with that and wasn't willing to run in the test and tune lane. This may be the reason that the non membership races draw more competitors than the NHRDA races.

Well Jim since there are not that many racers chasing points and travelling to a lot of races anymore, maybe what NHRDA should consider is allowing non members to race in the different classes but not get points. That way the racer who is a member and who is chasing points who finishes the highest at the race would get the points and the non-members only racing for the money and trophy. It would present a bit of a book keeping hassle but doable. I know that would never fly but I'd bet there would be a considerable bigger turnout of racers, more enjoyable for the fans and bigger payouts since more trucks entered. The races are so far apart that it is difficult to make more than one or two unless you are very dedicated.

Last edited:
Well Jim since there are not that many racers chasing points and travelling to a lot of races anymore, maybe what NHRDA should consider is allowing non members to race in the different classes but not get points. That way the racer who is a member and who is chasing points who finishes the highest at the race would get the points and the non-members only racing for the money and trophy. It would present a bit of a book keeping hassle but doable. I know that would never fly but I'd bet there would be a considerable bigger turnout of racers, more enjoyable for the fans and bigger payouts since more trucks entered. The races are so far apart that it is difficult to make more than one or two unless you are very dedicated.

Another thought if a person just wanted to race but not for points obviously they wouldn't qualify for the contingencies either unless they joined NHRDA.

Back