Traction bars for street/strip ???

UnderPressure

BIGGER&FASTER
I'm looking for a set of traction bars for my 2gen, I want the Cal-Tracs but they don't make them for 2nd gen.

Any ideas? I want ride to stay nice too and be adjustable

I have a set on my 94 which so happens to be a second gen... you just have to call them they are a 3 or 4 hole design I believe.

Have you looked into bars that connect to the top and bottom of the axle with a shackle in the front? Something like the glacier performance ones. I have a set like that and it didn't affect ride at all. But drastically helped axle wrap and the trucks ability to launch.

I like my caltrac's while launching, but they ride either ride rough or rattle depending how you set them for street use. I will have to look into glacier

I like my caltrac's while launching, but they ride either ride rough or rattle depending how you set them for street use. I will have to look into glacier
I built a set that uses the same theory. But the brackets weld to the axle instead of using u-bolts. I'm not to big on that part. The fronts on mine also bolt to the frame instead of u-bolts.

E8F538DE-orig.jpg
30679F8F-orig.jpg

Last edited:
We built a set like that with shackles on a blazer sand racer. Class had to have stock leafs. It worked like a charm with a big pontiac motor and clutch flite it would pack the front end unless it broke something which was most of the time.

I put it on another thread but I'm going to try clamping the front leafs with a plastic wedge between the overload and top springs to mimic the old mopar leaf spring. I've cut the back overload and the bottom two leafs off for a better ride. This is on the twd sb I am just putting together for the street. I may have to add one more long leaf to stiffen the pack up but I'm going to start with the stock leafs for now.

Well you have a 3rd gen so you could talk to glacier. Or granby truck shop. But to buy a set they are pricy. I love them though. They don't make any noise daily driving, hook up great, and don't bind at all. They are the only traction bars I will ever run as long as ground clearance isn't an issue. Like in a 4 wheeling application.

Nice truck!!

Thanks, she's a work in progress. It's a big heavy truck. I'm trying to run as far into the 10's as I can then swap the drivetrain into a reg cab and build a drag truck. That truck is to clean to gut. Plus I like driving it everyday.

Thanks, she's a work in progress. It's a big heavy truck. I'm trying to run as far into the 10's as I can then swap the drivetrain into a reg cab and build a drag truck. That truck is to clean to gut. Plus I like driving it everyday.

Thats what I like too, clean, fairly simple looking, fast trucks.

Back