Kioti DK55 issues

weazel

5th gear killer
Need a little help. Have a friend that has a Kioti DK55 tractor with a 4A220TLXB model engine in it. When he starts it, it runs fine for a little bit, but then act like it's starving for fuel, then the rpms fluctuate real bad and if you let it sit, it'll end up dying on its own.

We tried changing the fuel filter, but it ended up doing the fluctuating and dying bit. I'm kinda lost at what to try, as I'm not familiar with these tractors at all. Any ideas?

Does it sit much? Algae in the tank? We bought a NH that sat before we bought it and did this. It was in the tank and stop up a line and filter as well. Had to pull tank and clean it out.

Yeah it does actually. It wouldn't hurt anyway to clean it all out I guess. I'll holler and get him to try that next and see if it helps.

The nh had a cartridge style fuel filter and you could see it build up on the filter so it was easy to see.

Ok finally talked to the owner of the tractor. Asked him if he messed with it any more since we changed that filter. He said he had called the company he bought the tractor from and talked to one of the mechanics. The mechanic told him to pull the filter housing off and remove 3 screws, I believe, and clean the screen filter in there.

So that's what he did, and sure enough he said it was loaded up with dirt and crap. Said he put it all back together and she purrs like a kitten again. Lol.

Back